OFF ALERT If You’re Accused, You’re Guilty.

Discussion in 'Oregon Firearms Federation' started by Northwest Firearms, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms
    Pacific Northwest
    Site Maintenance Bronze Supporter

HB 4145 is scheduled to be voted on tomorrow in the Oregon House.

If passed, this bill would allow anyone you have ever had an “intimate relationship” with to demand that your firearms be confiscated.

As you know from a previous alert, people who make false allegations of abuse face very little chance of being prosecuted for their crimes. That’s what makes this bill so dangerous. If you are accused, you are guilty.

Republicans Richard Vial and Andy Olson joined the gun grabbers and voted for this bill in committee assuring it would go to the floor for a vote.

You may want to take a moment to express your outrage that they would vote to attack the rights of the people who elected them to appease the anti-rights left that controls the Oregon Legislature.

You may also want to urge Republican Leader Mike McLane to do all he can to assure that no more Republicans abandon their constituents and vote for this nonsense.

But please take just one moment to send a message to the whole House that you oppose this senseless and dangerous assault on your rights, your freedom, and common sense.

Take action here.

The post If You’re Accused, You’re Guilty. appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
    Oregon Firearms Federation

bbbass likes this.
  2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills
    Cave Creek, Arizony
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did it

nwslopoke likes this.
  3. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

Done, again. Though I don't hold out much hope it will stop them from getting exactly what they want. They'll do anything they can to find sneaky ways to further strip our rights from us. Now, virtually anyone with a beef against another person, substantiated or not, is going to have the ability to strip a person of a constitutional right. Shame on all those that continue to vote these anti-gun bastards into office.

Alexx1401 and nwslopoke like this.
  4. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

I am sending these every week now. Thank you OFF for keeping up. Also we need a list of strong independent candidates. The current teams are FUBAR'd.

Alexx1401 likes this.
  5. fxdc

fxdc
    Da Valley
    USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

Fired off my E mail.

nwslopoke likes this.
  6. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol
    Salem

Yeah, I agree, thank you to OFF. I sent my letter (and my own additions) as well.

Gentlemen, we are in a new era of McCarthyism, where all it takes is an accusation. Further proof that the internet has been a wonderful tool for emboldening the cowardly and the passive-aggressive.

nwslopoke and Jonnyuma like this.
  7. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint
    Portland

sigh.......... too many democrat gun owners here in Oregon that ignore this crap because they love the feel good democrats more then their guns and right to protect their loved ones

ob1 and nwslopoke like this.
  8. AMT

AMT
    Vancouver, WA.
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I hate BS laws just as much as everyone else, but I am trying to find in the posted HB 4145 link (above) where it states that anyone can demand that your firearms be confiscated.

It says if convicted (and conviction in a court of law) that things will not go well for the abuser....... and if you are that gun owning abuser, you can lose your rights to firearm possession.

Unless someone can show me otherwise, I agree with this HB4145. Abusers should lose their rights.

9. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

The problem is, if that gal you broke up with 3 months ago were to get a bug up her nose and want get back at you, she goes to the police and tells them you threatened her. As I understand it, at that point you get the hairy eyeball from authorities. You're going to have to go to court to defend yourself from the accusations made by the former girlfriend. If the former GFs story is convincing enough you will lose your firearms, with, as I understand it, little chance to get them back without expending mucho denero and mucho time.

If I'm wrong about that very general scenario let me know?

10. AMT

AMT
    Vancouver, WA.

Thank you. I see in section (3)(C)(d) it states:

"....the victim's former spouse...."

it also states:

"..... a person cohabiting with or who has cohabited with the victim as a spouse, parent or guardian or a person similarly situated to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim...."

So this could also mean former roommate's too.

Yeah, now that I read more, this is poorly written. But then again, that isn't that what the Lib's shoot for..... write the laws poorly and enforce only what they want to enforce, in part or in whole?

If it passes in OR, you know WA will be next.

nwslopoke and Mikej like this.
  11. Herb g

Herb g
    Oregon coast

AMT - Have you heard the old adage, “ Hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn “? Have you ever heard of a woman who lied? How about a feminist Democrat woman who lied? Have you ever had a particularly messy breakup with one of these? That’s where the “conviction” comes in. What is the penalty for false accusation? Time after time in the news you see that the woman is never prosecuted because of the fear that a real victim of abuse will be deterred. So, what does she have to lose to make his life a living hell. That’s the trouble with the D’s, they think with their hearts, instead of their brains. Stop voting those pea-brained D’s into office in WA, AMT !

12. AMT

AMT
    Vancouver, WA.

Oh believe me Herb, I don't vote 'D' at all. ;)

13. 40isforme

40isforme
    Gresham

Email sent

14. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    Break These Chains
    Th1S iS H0w wE R1s3 uP! Silver Supporter

Sent, although I see zero light at the end of this tunnel. It was done before it started.:s0117:

thorborg likes this.
  15. Herb g

Herb g
    Oregon coast

Kevin Starrett at OFF is our tireless advocate in Salem. There is no one there representing us better than Kevin! Not NRA (hands full nationally). Not OHA (too many Democrats). Sign up for his newsletter and alerts, they’re free, but send him some $$$ help. He’s a good investment in our future as gun owners, and I’ll gladly send him funds to represent me in Salem.

16. thorborg

thorborg
    portland oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I also wasted my time sending my opine. Now I have the right to b1tc4 out loud.
    Optimism may appease the young or sheltered, unfortunately many years of life have shed those childhood ways and imprisoned me in Realville.
    Mean while, those like the shallow and inconsiderate Brown, only care about the less than half of Oregon's electorates who will lick their boots.

DuneHopper likes this.
  17. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon
    Wilsonville
    Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

This is going to be used as a weapon in every nasty divorce from here forward if it passes.

18. Herb g

Herb g
    Oregon coast

Wow...what have you done to effect change lately? Or are you just giving up? That’s why we are here today, you didn’t do enough to keep to keep the Dems out of Salem. Glad I’m old. You young guys ever think about golf? A sport with a future. You know what they say about advice “ wise men don’t need it and fools don’t head it”. Pick a side, and Clint Eastwood is the wrong picture.

19. billdeserthills

billdeserthills
    Cave Creek, Arizony

I already heard back from Rep Nearman and Sen Thomson, both say they are against this measure

jrd541280 and Aero Denezol like this.
  20. thorborg

thorborg
    portland oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I always found; "there is good in every disaster" more sadistic than uplifting but following that concept, If it must be, maybe it will help promote exemplary, and life long monogyny.
    We could use a little more "We the family" and less Me.