JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

HB 4145 is scheduled to be voted on tomorrow in the Oregon House.

If passed, this bill would allow anyone you have ever had an "intimate relationship" with to demand that your firearms be confiscated.

As you know from a previous alert, people who make false allegations of abuse face very little chance of being prosecuted for their crimes. That's what makes this bill so dangerous. If you are accused, you are guilty.

Republicans Richard Vial and Andy Olson joined the gun grabbers and voted for this bill in committee assuring it would go to the floor for a vote.

You may want to take a moment to express your outrage that they would vote to attack the rights of the people who elected them to appease the anti-rights left that controls the Oregon Legislature.

You may also want to urge Republican Leader Mike McLane to do all he can to assure that no more Republicans abandon their constituents and vote for this nonsense.

But please take just one moment to send a message to the whole House that you oppose this senseless and dangerous assault on your rights, your freedom, and common sense.

Take action here.

The post If You're Accused, You're Guilty. appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

Done, again. Though I don't hold out much hope it will stop them from getting exactly what they want. They'll do anything they can to find sneaky ways to further strip our rights from us. Now, virtually anyone with a beef against another person, substantiated or not, is going to have the ability to strip a person of a constitutional right. Shame on all those that continue to vote these anti-gun bastards into office.

I am sending these every week now. Thank you OFF for keeping up. Also we need a list of strong independent candidates. The current teams are FUBAR'd.

Yeah, I agree, thank you to OFF. I sent my letter (and my own additions) as well.

Gentlemen, we are in a new era of McCarthyism, where all it takes is an accusation. Further proof that the internet has been a wonderful tool for emboldening the cowardly and the passive-aggressive.

sigh.......... too many democrat gun owners here in Oregon that ignore this crap because they love the feel good democrats more then their guns and right to protect their loved ones

HB 4145 is scheduled to be voted on tomorrow in the Oregon House.

If passed, this bill would allow anyone you have ever had an "intimate relationship" with to demand that your firearms be confiscated.

As you know from a previous alert, people who make false allegations of abuse face very little chance of being prosecuted for their crimes. That's what makes this bill so dangerous. If you are accused, you are guilty.

Republicans Richard Vial and Andy Olson joined the gun grabbers and voted for this bill in committee assuring it would go to the floor for a vote.

You may want to take a moment to express your outrage that they would vote to attack the rights of the people who elected them to appease the anti-rights left that controls the Oregon Legislature.

You may also want to urge Republican Leader Mike McLane to do all he can to assure that no more Republicans abandon their constituents and vote for this nonsense.

But please take just one moment to send a message to the whole House that you oppose this senseless and dangerous assault on your rights, your freedom, and common sense.

Take action here.

The post If You're Accused, You're Guilty. appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

I hate BS laws just as much as everyone else, but I am trying to find in the posted HB 4145 link (above) where it states that anyone can demand that your firearms be confiscated.

It says if convicted (and conviction in a court of law) that things will not go well for the abuser....... and if you are that gun owning abuser, you can lose your rights to firearm possession.

Unless someone can show me otherwise, I agree with this HB4145. Abusers should lose their rights.

I hate BS laws just as much as everyone else, but I am trying to find in the posted HB 4145 link (above) where it states that anyone can demand that your firearms be confiscated.

It says if convicted (and conviction in a court of law) that things will not go well for the abuser....... and if you are that gun owning abuser, you can lose your rights to firearm possession.

Unless someone can show me otherwise, I agree with this HB4145. Abusers should lose their rights.

The problem is, if that gal you broke up with 3 months ago were to get a bug up her nose and want get back at you, she goes to the police and tells them you threatened her. As I understand it, at that point you get the hairy eyeball from authorities. You're going to have to go to court to defend yourself from the accusations made by the former girlfriend. If the former GFs story is convincing enough you will lose your firearms, with, as I understand it, little chance to get them back without expending mucho denero and mucho time.

If I'm wrong about that very general scenario let me know?

Thank you. I see in section (3)(C)(d) it states:

"....the victim's former spouse...."

it also states:

"..... a person cohabiting with or who has cohabited with the victim as a spouse, parent or guardian or a person similarly situated to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim...."

So this could also mean former roommate's too.

Yeah, now that I read more, this is poorly written. But then again, that isn't that what the Lib's shoot for..... write the laws poorly and enforce only what they want to enforce, in part or in whole?

If it passes in OR, you know WA will be next.

AMT - Have you heard the old adage, " Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn "? Have you ever heard of a woman who lied? How about a feminist Democrat woman who lied? Have you ever had a particularly messy breakup with one of these? That's where the "conviction" comes in. What is the penalty for false accusation? Time after time in the news you see that the woman is never prosecuted because of the fear that a real victim of abuse will be deterred. So, what does she have to lose to make his life a living hell. That's the trouble with the D's, they think with their hearts, instead of their brains. Stop voting those pea-brained D's into office in WA, AMT !

Kevin Starrett at OFF is our tireless advocate in Salem. There is no one there representing us better than Kevin! Not NRA (hands full nationally). Not OHA (too many Democrats). Sign up for his newsletter and alerts, they're free, but send him some $$$ help. He's a good investment in our future as gun owners, and I'll gladly send him funds to represent me in Salem.

I also wasted my time sending my opine. Now I have the right to b1tc4 out loud.
Optimism may appease the young or sheltered, unfortunately many years of life have shed those childhood ways and imprisoned me in Realville.
Mean while, those like the shallow and inconsiderate Brown, only care about the less than half of Oregon's electorates who will lick their boots.

Wow...what have you done to effect change lately? Or are you just giving up? That's why we are here today, you didn't do enough to keep to keep the Dems out of Salem. Glad I'm old. You young guys ever think about golf? A sport with a future. You know what they say about advice " wise men don't need it and fools don't head it". Pick a side, and Clint Eastwood is the wrong picture.

I always found; "there is good in every disaster" more sadistic than uplifting but following that concept, If it must be, maybe it will help promote exemplary, and life long monogyny.
We could use a little more "We the family" and less Me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top