JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Everyone,

I put it in the title again. If they never accepted the results of the last election why would they accept results of
the next one? Note , I'm differentiating the people from their governments. If they are stupid or delusional enough
to try it I , unfortunately , think CW2 may be on, vast swaths of the population will never submit to their Imperial
Diktat.

Peace & Joy,

LB

There is no legal basis for secession. More specifically, Civil War I is widely regarded as having answered the question of whether a state can secede or not. The answer was/is "no." Accordingly the states could ask politely or attempt to amend the COTUS to permit it. But I really don't see either of those options working out for them.

Alternatively, the states could attempt to leave by force. But I really don't see that working out very well for them either. They would be vastly outnumbered including large factions within each state.

Open secession? Not a chance. It would be interesting watching the lib/dem/commucrats try to pull it off and calling upon "state's rights" doctrine..... Might be "fun" should they try it.. the resulting suppression of leftists and liberalism would flush a lot of scheisse from the body politic.
I also remind you that Calf. is home to many powerful military bases, DARPA, etc. the look on their faces would be priceless...

LB

There is no legal basis for secession. More specifically, Civil War I is widely regarded as having answered the question of whether a state can secede or not. The answer was/is "no." Accordingly the states could ask politely or attempt to amend the COTUS to permit it. But I really don't see either of those options working out for them.

Alternatively, the states could attempt to leave by force. But I really don't see that working out very well for them either. They would be vastly outnumbered including large factions within each state.
I already posted about the powerful military bases in Calf. but they might be just crazy though to try it.

LB

Never going to happen for sooooo many reasons. Silly thread topic. No offense.

Won't happen. None of the states mentioned or any state could support their current state budget outlays without federal monies and their bond rating would dive if they tried to pull this stunt. Wall Street would go into a tailspin and so would other global markets.

Last Edited:
Given the inability of those state proggies to keep needles and daily feces out of downtown, ability to mount effective coordination on such a scale isn't likely IMHO.

I'd say slim to none...kinda like all the folks who said that they would move out the US after President Trump was elected.
Also starting a new country takes lots of support and a strong unity of cause....all of which is lacking here.
Andy

No doubt an attempt like this...
Will be made again in 2020, regardless of who is favored to win. The part quoted below shows little focus specifically on Trump.
Whereas the U.S. Congress no longer is capable of addressing issues important to Oregonand protecting the rights of free people;
Whereas the federal government has proved a poor steward and manager of public resources in Oregon
Odds of peaceful secession succeeding are pretty much zero but there is still the optics part. If a tri-lateral attempt were made, no doubt SOJ would rise up in para-military action. Decades of pent-up desire there. I'm in the annex and ready to go if things heat up.

California's economy may be one of the biggest on the planet but look at California. They ain't spreading it around. They would put some serious taxes on the rich or red flag their money to keep things running as bad as they are now. By the way, water is still a huge problem. Turn off that spigot and it's gonna get real.

Unlikely.

Even if they declare, the rest of the country has to vote to allow it.

This is where all the people who want succession of states, counties, whatever, fail to realize that their efforts are doomed; the rest of the encompassing entity has to allow them to secede. They can't just do it themselves. And the rest won't let them because it isn't to their benefit.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads