JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
cc2fa25a.jpg

...what would you put in it? It is a pelican water proof, dual latched box with an interrior demension of (approx) 14.75"x10.5"x4.5". I am planning on using it as an extended roadside emergency box. I have an idea of what I want to put in there but am humble enough to know I don't know everything. So, what are your thoughts?

SF-

Activated TracFone with minutes card to turn on and phone numbers
Couple road flares (the good Orion ones) good for fire or for flagging; the 15's should fit
Leatherman/swiss army/whatever your flavor
ID info (no stealable info, SSN, etc) in case the unfortunate happens and they (EMS, etc) needs to ID you or you're unconscious, allergy info, emergency contact etc would be good, all on like a laminated index card.
Whatever doesn't fit in your First Aid Kit
And, if you got room and you Carry, couple magazines/box of ammo <-(if you use a revolver)
And if you can cram 'em in, a water ration and some powerbars.

MREs
Water
Firearm
Ammo
Matches/flint/lighter
fixed blade

Keep it simple. I would make several of these identical boxes in likely directions that I would bug out. Also making a detailed map of its exact location printed on waterproof paper and include it in my bug out bag.

A few ideas for some small stuff...

Surefire w/ extra batteries, or similar flashlight that uses small batteries
Chemlights
Cliff bars
Quickclot
Hand warmers

diapers (vaccum packed)
wipes
bug spray
sun screen
granola bars
dry matches
backpack
glock 22 & ammo (I already have the 19 in my purse)
first aid big wound stuff (already have basic first aid kit in vehicle)
compass & area map
cash
asthma meds for kids
small bottle of whiskey for me..

I'm always worried at the SHTF stuff will happen when I'm down on an errand run...and the nearest town to shop is 60 miles away... So, if an EMP attack happens and I'm in a vehicle 60 miles from home with 3 boys age 8 and under....this is what I'd want....for the long hike home.

PS - I'm not an alcoholic...and don't drink in general...but if I was hiking home with 3 kids, I'd defnitely need the whiskey before I got home. :)

diapers (vaccum packed)
wipes
bug spray
sun screen
granola bars
dry matches
backpack
glock 22 & ammo (I already have the 19 in my purse)
first aid big wound stuff (already have basic first aid kit in vehicle)
compass & area map
cash
asthma meds for kids
small bottle of whiskey for me..

I'm always worried at the SHTF stuff will happen when I'm down on an errand run...and the nearest town to shop is 60 miles away... So, if an EMP attack happens and I'm in a vehicle 60 miles from home with 3 boys age 8 and under....this is what I'd want....for the long hike home.

PS - I'm not an alcoholic...and don't drink in general...but if I was hiking home with 3 kids, I'd defnitely need the whiskey before I got home. :)

I don't have any kids and the whiskey sounds like a good idea, putting some minis in the BOB today :s0155:

Nope:D:D:D You need to put in a life like blow up woman that will sit on the hood of your rig. Maybe someone will stop and help:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads