JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing about this will work. In a totally idea set of conditions they would be lucky to even see 1/2 of the does in the area. So there's no way they would ever get within the maybe 25 yards a dart would have the range to be effective. I would predict based on my 45 years as a deer hunter and a person that lives in a small town over ran with deer that they might be able to sterilize 20% of the does in a given area. And that will do nothing but increase the numbers of twins and viable offspring due to the reduced demands on the environment.

Is pot legal in Virginia, because they must be smoking something.....

If you have an out of control deer population, it pretty much means your wildlife management plan sucks. Open up more hunting and presto....problem solved.

"I have a better idea: tranquilize and capture all the proponents of this whackdoodle scheme, take them to a surgical table and sterilize them to keep them from reproducing."

Best comment so far. :)

I hear lead can cause fertility problems. Applied to the vital works best.

My brother lives in Md. He participates in a program where ever so often they close the state parks, gather up a group of volunteer hunter/shooters, and from dawn to noon they put them in a stand to shoot as many deer as they can. No limit, the more the better. The meat is donated to food banks. Shoot a deer, feed the poor. Sounds like Va could use a little of that program.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top