JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You didn't hear? If the government doesn't tell you to do/not do something, you are to go on as you were. You have no responsibility towards right and wrong. If nobody tells you it's wrong, you are in the clear. You have no obligation to "do the right thing". Wow. The more I re-read what I just typed, the more I realize what is wrong with America. Kip.

i think we in the northwest should vote on makeing these people work in the blackberry gulags, not anything but work , remove 1000 lbs a day then you can rest, and if you have been good you get to be on the scotch broom crew. It will work its a win win.

i think we in the northwest should vote on makeing these people work in the blackberry gulags, not anything but work , remove 1000 lbs a day then you can rest, and if you have been good you get to be on the scotch broom crew. It will work its a win win.

And NO they do not get to use a flame thrower as it would make it too easy/fun - I however would volunteer to supervise and enforce with the flame thrower :s0112:

Watch out, or the handfull of liberal gunkies that troll this site will come on and flame you for your conservative point of view!

Bring it on. I have a feeling that a large portion of the liberals who support and encourage hand outs and entitlement programs have never actually received these "benefits". In my youth I lived for a short time in subsidized housing. I can say without a doubt that the vast majority of the residents in the complex where very able bodied, but unwilling, to work full or part time.
When taking the garbage out, you would walk by the people smoking on their front porches talking on their cell phones, only to arrive at a community dumpster littered with empty cigarette packs, boxes from brand new electronics, cans of Steel Reserve (12.5% alcohol by volume) and lots and lots of empty bottles of Boones. When you would pass by a window with the curtains open, it wasn't uncommon to see someone typing away on the internet or see kids plopped in front of a large t.v. set watching dvd's. I'm not saying that these people shouldn't have some of lifes little enjoyments but if they can afford the toys, smokes, and booze, how much government assitance do they really need?
In more recent years I was laid off from a very very good job. I had a wife and 3 kids that I could afford when I was working but being laid off, and even after finding work where the pay was nowhere near what I was making before, we needed the help with food so yeah we went the food stamp route. The day we went into the welfare office, it was the same story. People fully capable but unwilling to work. And always hear about the people who are glad to have more kids because they'll get more money, but I actually saw it with my own eyes.
These weren't the illegal Mexicans either. These were people that at one time I'm pretty sure were just like me. The vast majority of the welfare moochers I encountered have been white. So they don't have the excuse of being discriminated against or being unable to find work because of lack of a green card. Some I went to school with so they can't claim lack of an education. Somewhere along the line they sought out assistance for whatever reason. And with the people at the welfare office encourageing them to stay in the low income housing, and encouraging them to apply for more and more food stamps, and free medical medical, and free utilities, they decided it was easier for the government to take care of them than to take care of themselves. As someone jokingly said in an earlier post, teach a man to build a fire and he's warm for a night. At least he's able to warm himself. But the out of control spending of these entitlement programs are setting that man and the rest of us on fire

So, you don't think the bank bailouts the bailouts in the auto industry, the bailouts in the freddy/fanny mae BS weren't a bit more costly than this food stamp/welfare bs?

Of course. They were a very expensive bandage on a wound that's still bleeding. And in a relatively short amount of time we'll all experience what happens when corporations become dependant on government handouts also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top