JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess it's time to start lining the southern border with these:

article_welcome-to-oregon_229x149.jpg

I'm with stomper... They can SMD. "They can pry theses beautiful babies from my cold dead fingers."
Realistically though I expect a 594 law to be more likely than a California type round restriction. Still bs, but at least they aren't f-ing up the guns that I currently have.

My zip code. My dad and his mother and a bunch of other family live in Texas. Hes been working on us to move down that way for a few years now. If Oregon goes full-auto-retard with the gun restrictions (plus higher taxes, they always want higher taxes) and keeps accelerating the downward spiral, the guns won't change, our location will. My wife talked me out of moving down there once, but if it gets that way even she won't want to stay here. She likes her AR and her :high capacity" semi auto pistols...

I'm headed to Idaho. Regardless of whether a 594 type thing happens here -- I'm just over it. I was born here and have lived here almost my entire life. It just doesn't feel like home anymore.
That's cause in the late 90s and early 2000s the dot-com failures/Portlandia crowd moved to Portland from Seattle and San Francisco because it was a cheap, industrial, working class town. Then they immediately were upset that it wasn't Seattle or San Francisco and started to vote people in to make it that way.

My zip code. My dad and his mother and a bunch of other family live in Texas. Hes been working on us to move down that way for a few years now. If Oregon goes full-auto-retard with the gun restrictions (plus higher taxes, they always want higher taxes) and keeps accelerating the downward spiral, the guns won't change, our location will. My wife talked me out of moving down there once, but if it gets that way even she won't want to stay here. She likes her AR and her :high capacity" semi auto pistols...

NOOO!!!!! I don't want my cousin to leave, :(

Who will i BS with. Go fishing and shooting with.

Though honestly i think moving down to Texas would be a good thing.

Change your legislators, not your collection or location.

Mayor Bloomberg's campaign against gun friendly members of the Oregon Senate succeeded in last month's election. He poured in money to fund attacks on two gun supporting Republicans, and get them removed from office. Democrats already had solid control of the House, and now next year they will have a solid majority in the Senate too.

We lost the election here in Oregon dude. The anti-gun forces won.

O.K. Lets say despite all our best efforts here in OR, the anti's get their way and we have CA style restrictions or worse this time next year!:mad:

What say you?

I would say that you don't seem to understand California's law. They did no ban the possession of high capacity mags or any "assault rifles" already owned by Californians. They only banned any future sale or transfer of such mags or firearms. So anything already in your gun collection would be safe to keep.

So no one would have to give up stuff in their existing collection if laws like they have in California were past.

Now California does require guns to be registered. So one attempt might be to force all existing Assault Rifles to be registered in Oregon, so that the state has a record of who owns what. And of course they could try to ban new sales or transfers of high cap mags, just like the Democrats did in Colorado in 2012.

However, there was a major backlash against Democrats in Colorado in last month's election, because of that 2012 law. And some Oregon Democrats have taken note of that. They are worried about hurting themselves in the 2016 election.

There was one gun control bill in last year's Oregon legislative session that would have not only required registration of Assault Weapons, but also limited individuals to only owning two of them. So anyone owning more than two such guns would have to get rid of any additional Assault guns they owned. That same bill also limited ownership of high capacity magazines to a max of three per weapon. Own any more than 3 high cap mags for any of your guns, and you would be violating the law. However, that bill was never even taken up in committee for consideration.

I do expect some extreme bills like that to be introduced next year. But I am hopeful that there are enough Democrats of sound mind left that they are not going to try to reach that far.

We will just have to wait and see if Oregon's Democratic Party has gone insane on the subject of gun control, or not.

I would say that you don't seem to understand California's law. They did no ban the possession of high capacity mags or any "assault rifles" already owned by Californians. They only banned any future sale or transfer of such mags or firearms. So anything already in your gun collection would be safe to keep.

So no one would have to give up stuff in their existing collection if laws like they have in California were past.

Now California does require guns to be registered. So one attempt might be to force all existing Assault Rifles to be registered in Oregon, so that the state has a record of who owns what. And of course they could try to ban new sales or transfers of high cap mags, just like the Democrats did in Colorado in 2012.

However, there was a major backlash against Democrats in Colorado in last month's election, because of that 2012 law. And some Oregon Democrats have taken note of that. They are worried about hurting themselves in the 2016 election.

There was one gun control bill in last year's Oregon legislative session that would have not only required registration of Assault Weapons, but also limited individuals to only owning two of them. So anyone owning more than two such guns would have to get rid of any additional Assault guns they owned. That same bill also limited ownership of high capacity magazines to a max of three per weapon. Own any more than 3 high cap mags for any of your guns, and you would be violating the law. However, that bill was never even taken up in committee for consideration.

I do expect some extreme bills like that to be introduced next year. But I am hopeful that there are enough Democrats of sound mind left that they are not going to try to reach that far.

We will just have to wait and see if Oregon's Democratic Party has gone insane on the subject of gun control, or not.

You're right thanks, I only vaguely understand CA laws, that's why I added "or worse" to the title.
So in CA if you're grandfathered in you could keep what you had without adapting it's grips or magazine releases etc.? Just can't ever transfer even if you die right? Are you even allowed to use the grandfathered in gun that you must register? Also can you take the gun out of the State when you move?

Last Edited:
You're right thanks, I only vaguely understand CA laws, that's why I added "or worse" to the title.
So in CA if you're grandfathered in you could keep what you had without adapting it's grips or magazine releases etc.? Just can't ever transfer even if you die right? Are you even allowed to use the grandfathered in gun that you must register? Also can you take the gun out of the State when you move?

Yep, you cannot transfer it to anyone in California when you die. You can certainly take the gun with you if you leave the state.

However, once the gun is outside the state, it will not be able to re-enter the state.

Sounds like what we'll be facing here in OR. Probably registration for these so called "assault rifles" so they can keep track of things. All new ones will look something like this:s0002: 1870919_01__ny_compliant_ny_legal_ar_15_h_640.jpg
Sounds like another buying binge is in order. Stupid anti gunners, every time they try to stop guns, more get sold!

Well, everyone needs to contact their state representatives and senators and let them know that you are opposed to either an Assault gun ban or high capacity magazine ban.

Let them know that you will vote against them in the next election, if they vote in favor of such legislation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top