JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
O.K. Lets say despite all our best efforts here in OR, the anti's get their way and we have CA style restrictions or worse this time next year!:mad:

What would you be changing in your arsenal? The one you take out in the daylight:cool:

Goofy compliant stocks, bullet buttons or mags for my 9mm that are solid plastic a couple of inches on the bottom!?! No way. if it can't function the way it was designed I don't want it!

I'd go single stack 45 for my semi handgun
Keep my 38 maybe a new revolver or two.
Thinking lever rifles if things got so bad that semi-autos were to be restricted to semi fixed mags or the like.
Perhaps an old military bolt like an Enfield as well

I see all the BS gun enthusiasts go through in CA and other places around the world to keep their ARs compliant and think....Why bother, it just ends up looking and functioning STUPID.

What say you?

If the law says 10 rd mag and I'm carrying a 17 and use it to save my life or someone else's I'm going to jail.

I'll adapt with what I use in public. I suspect most others here will too. What I won't do is adapt my firearms into a ridiculous joke. joke.jpg

I guess the rationale behind it is if the SHTF it could be changed back easily?
Anyway, not for me. Lever action or revolver until I can vacate the State.

I'm headed to Idaho. Regardless of whether a 594 type thing happens here -- I'm just over it. I was born here and have lived here almost my entire life. It just doesn't feel like home anymore.

Oregon is my home, it would take a lot to get me to leave. That said, I'm not ready to start thinking about defeat just yet. Even if they get a victory now, it doesn't mean it will stand forever. Any response I have will have to be based on whatever the details are of the laws they pass. For now, I'll be actively writing legislators on the state level (something I've already been doing), writing my local sheriff, I joined OFF this year, and I'm encouraging as many others as I can to get involved. Washington lost out because there wasn't enough action by gun owners (see the poor election turnout), but here, we won't even get the chance to vote, so we've got to be pro-active with the legislators and let them know we're not okay with any new gun laws. This needs to stop. Everyone who owns a gun and wants to keep those rights, whether it's just a single hunting rifle or a big collection, needs to be very vocal, very visible and very active.

Well not knowing what these new rules/laws are its pretty hard to say what I would do. But I own one handgun that has a larger then 10rd magazine std. and one rifle that's std magazine is 15rds. with a bunch of stuff that wouldn't be on their radar. SO at the very most I would stash the 30) 15rd mags for the Carbine and buy a couple 10rd'ers. For the handgun not sure since there are no options for magazines it hasn't been available new since 1986 and was a limited import at the time. I guess I would install some sort of block in a magazine or two depending on what would pass.

Other then that I have no Black rifles or Glockomatics to worry about.

I would sure become a pistol guy in a hurry.
No way Id fiddle with those stupid grips/stocks/bullet buttons.

Oregon residents have so many non compliant rifle/pistols/shotguns it would be unenforceable. Not to mention Id rather lose my left nut to a hammer than register my firearms.

Looks like Ill just have to lose my firearms in a boating accident.. Again.

I would sure become a pistol guy in a hurry.
No way Id fiddle with those stupid grips/stocks/bullet buttons.

Oregon residents have so many non compliant rifle/pistols/shotguns it would be unenforceable. Not to mention Id rather lose my left nut to a hammer than register my firearms.

Looks like Ill just have to lose my firearms in a boating accident.. Again.

I have a feeling a lot of people would take up boating :rolleyes:

Oregon residents have so many non compliant rifle/pistols/shotguns it would be unenforceable.
As long as you plan to never take them out your front door then, in effect, it is 'unenforceable' - enforcement can only happen when non-compliance is observed such as during use.

Go ahead and take it in the a.. I will not care what they pass!!! But you can bet your sweet bippies that I will fight what they try to shove down our throats!!!!

What is it going to take for the liberal gun owners to see that a total ban on all firearms (like the UK, Australia) is their end goal!!! WHAT???

I'm willing to bet that in a few years from now that is what is going to happen IF WE ALL DON'T MAKE A STAND NOW to stop the Bloomberg's & his liberal rich friends!!!! :mad:

Why do gun manufacturers/owners keep inventing gimmicks to get around the CA law, like adjustable buttstocks that don't adjust and detatchable magazine LOCKING mechanisms.

Why don't they start from scratch and make the most awesome CA legal rifle possible? Maybe a modern updated SKS or similar with a stripper clip and fixed mag? At least it wouldn't look so embarrassing.

A bastardized rifle's only useful purpose should be to display how stupid the electorate and thus the law has become.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top