JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's an incredibly sobering topic to start. Do we really think this is anywhere near happening?
I am not a conspiracy freak but one has to wonder why the department of homeland security has stockpiled billions of bullets, 2700 armor protected vehicles, and 7000 fully automatic rifles for domestic use?

Read: How Wars Are Won
12 Rules To Follow In Any Conflict (actually 13 rules, the author forgot Rule #1)
Possibably the most important book on modern military science on how to win a skirmish or battle/war

Well, you should pay attention. I first admitted I was a coward in about 1978. I started running out of patience with posers in about 1985, and it got worse after the first Gulf War.

And I'm not that cynical-- I expect great things from your charge. Just like Pickett.

Salted Weapon, it was mostly in jest. Mostly. It only hit a nerve with those that are dying to die.

Well, you should pay attention. I first admitted I was a coward in about 1978. I started running out of patience with posers in about 1985, and it got worse after the first Gulf War.

And I'm not that cynical-- I expect great things from your charge. Just like Pickett.

OK, whatever... if you wish to call sincere patriots names then that is your choice. I pity you. There is a cosmic justice even if you don't get the carnal sort. Samuel Adams has a word for you, and I concur

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen

Deportation is the solution for all non patriots who do not resist it

Unless you are trying to be funny it's pure cowardice and cynicism

I do understand your response. We have had steel wedges driven between us by a hostile society, it is like the death from 1000 tiny cuts!
There's alot of old soldiers here that are neither cowards nor cynics stating their willingness to uphold their oaths, we are often OLD which is a real burden because, Despite 0Care, there is yet no Youth Pill.
If there was a way to self-regenerate, we would be in the front line with you.
That's your SitRep for today

Well, it's already happened.

Government agents, in uniform and on duty, showed up and confiscated weapons from a citizen who had purchased them legally.

And none of you heroes who like to scream "Molan Labe" did anything except pose, turn red in the face, and make another meaningless post to an internet gun board.

So now we know: it's all posing and rhetoric. When push comes to shove, and the blue lights flash, as long as they're coming for someone else's guns, everyone here will let it happen.

95% of those who say they'll fight are completely full of bubblecrap. 99% of the rest would realize the absolute futility of fighting when there are armed agents on their porch and armored vehicles in their driveway. The few who are left would be taken, alive or dead, within seconds of the first shot being fired.

Armed resistance to individual confiscation is a ridiculous notion. We need to win this fight in the voting booth, on the floor of congress, and in the courts, or it's lost.

There is no way to even challenge the established government without getting at least one branch of the military to help. The human cost of such a war wouldn't be even close to worth it. The paper war has much higher chances of success, and it's one I'll fight to the bitter end.

Well, it's already happened.

Government agents, in uniform and on duty, showed up and confiscated weapons from a citizen who had purchased them legally.

And none of you heroes who like to scream "Molan Labe" did anything except pose, turn red in the face, and make another meaningless post to an internet gun board.

So now we know: it's all posing and rhetoric. When push comes to shove, and the blue lights flash, as long as they're coming for someone else's guns, everyone here will let it happen.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this but in a fight 90% of it is timing

We need to win this fight in the voting booth, on the floor of congress, and in the courts, or it's lost.

There is no way to even challenge the established government without getting at least one branch of the military to help. The human cost of such a war wouldn't be even close to worth it. The paper war has much higher chances of success, and it's one I'll fight to the bitter end.

I'm certainly glad the Founders weren't of your mind set. They faced the most powerful empire on the planet and won

I'm certainly glad the Founders weren't of your mind set. They faced the most powerful empire on the planet and won

They had an ocean in between them and that most powerful empire on the planet. Their enemy also had a lot of other enemies closer to them. Oceans now don't mean what they did then, but you don't have even that between you and the government you're talking about overthrowing. All the fathers of our great nation had to do was make it more expensive than it was worth.

The most powerful weapon at the time could be made in any foundry with basic materials. There was no such thing as a weapon of mass destruction, and the military they were fighting had never needed to develop anti-insurgency tactics. The government you're talking about rebelling against controls your region's fuel, electricity, communication, and water. They have lethal and non-lethal mass weapons that the combined power of your region would take decades to create. They have spent the last ten years involved in two wars perfecting the most extensive and effective anti-insurgency military tactics ever conceived. They have satellites watching your every move by heat signature and enhanced light vision.

Violent rebellion against the US Government, unaided by a US Government agency or military branch, is completely futile, under any circumstances.

This is a fight that must be won inside the framework of political law. If there comes a point where active rebellion is necessary, everyone has lost.

A bunch of goat farmers in Afghanistan sure have given that rebellion a pretty good go...They beat off the Russians, and they've done a pretty good job of rebelling against the US Government.

It seems awfully defeatist to just say we have no chance if it comes to violence. I dont know about your unit, but nearly every guy I served with would not be against American citizens.

And for the soldiers that just blindly followed orders? Talk about a mind job, trying to fight your friends and family in the towns and woods around where you grew up. That would make a bunch of POGs even more useless.

A bunch of goat farmers in Afghanistan sure have given that rebellion a pretty good go...They beat off the Russians, and they've done a pretty good job of rebelling against the US Government.

It seems awfully defeatist to just say we have no chance if it comes to violence. I dont know about your unit, but nearly every guy I served with would not be against American citizens.

And for the soldiers that just blindly followed orders? Talk about a mind job, trying to fight your friends and family in the towns and woods around where you grew up. That would make a bunch of POGs even more useless.
Well, all those goat farmers had to do was make it more expensive than it was worth... :) The rest is completely agreed to, which goes back to my main point on this, which is that the entire notion is ridiculous. I was hypothesizing. There is no way possible or fiscally solvent to disarm the gun-owning citizenry of the United States.

Edit: I will say that there are a good number of people in my unit that would be willing to take action against anyone who starts blowing away law enforcement officers on their front porches without there being absolutely no other option.

Well, all those goat farmers had to do was make it more expensive than it was worth... :) The rest is completely agreed to, which goes back to my main point on this, which is that the entire notion is ridiculous. I was hypothesizing. There is no way possible or fiscally solvent to disarm the gun-owning citizenry of the United States.

Edit: I will say that there are a good number of people in my unit that would be willing to take action against anyone who starts blowing away law enforcement officers on their front porches without there being absolutely no other option.

So it isnt fiscally solvent? Hmmmmmmm, Seems to fit in with the rest of Obama's budget then :s0112:

Well, all those goat farmers had to do was make it more expensive than it was worth...

And you don't think it would immediately be more expensive than it is worth if people started rising up against government infringement? Remember people fighting are not gonna be paying taxes nor going to work. People not safe from government or the opposing sides crossfire will not be going to work or paying taxes neither. That means immediately it will become more expensive than it is worth & since every country in the world has to rely on the value of the dollar for their own trade value, that means a complete global collapse. The implications of the US government pissing off the American citizens effects the entire world.

PS: I will say that there are a good number of people in every unit nation wide that would be willing to take action against anyone including law enforcement & other military personnel once they start blowing away citizens on their front porches simply because they are armed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top