JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If the government/Blue helmets/aliens/who ever decide its time to come for our firearms wouldn't they have to go to EVERY house? I mean just because someone lives at a house and that person bought through a FFL wouldn't for the idea to work. Wouldn't they have to go to every house because there would be know way of knowing which houses had firearms that had been inherited or bought FTF or stolen.

SO how many liberals houses being turned upside down in these searches would it take for them to get pissed off while the government/blue helmets/aliens find their pot growing rooms meth labs and such.

Also logistically how long would it take do you think for a team of say 10 Government/blue helmet/aliens to search say the 200 houses in my tiny neighbor hood in Silverton?

Cause you would think not only would the house have to be searched but so would any outbuilding garage attic crawl space and after the first couple days of the search they would have to be metal detecting the yards and flaower beds.

Just wondering.

They would never go to every house, they will just ban them and expect everyone to turn them in.
Thus anyone caught with one would be jailed etc.

Much easier this way.

Ahh, crap here I go. Here's the scenario. When the collapse comes we outnumber 'them' about 600 to 1 last time I checked.

Private gun ownership is NOT to the disadvantage of government like so many believe. It will be divide and conquer. It is the reason you can go out and buy all the guns and ammo you want.

When the time comes TPTB know that we will turn weapons on each other in panic and desperation. We will be doing the job for them. That is their MO. It is what we did in Iraq by turning one group against another. Let them kill each other. It is why you are bombarded 24/7 with news telling you to be suspicious of your neighbor, that everyone is out to get you, but the gov is there to help, trying their best.

Most will be starved out and dying and willing to accept any terms whatsoever for government help.

That is the way it works. 98% of people are not prepared for the coming economic dollar collapse at all, but the gov on the other hand is working overtime to get ready. You, average Joe neighborhood guy is the enemy. Silly rabbit! You thought only brown cab drivers and goat herders 2300 miles away were the enemy? What goes around comes around and we have been doing a lot of horrible crap to other people for a very long time. At some point, that wrath will be turned inward; that is the way it always works.

Just another reason to enjoy ever day to the fullest and appreciate that these are indeed the last of the good times. The table is tilted, the game is rigged, and the dumbed down sheep have already lost.

Never before in modern human history has a populace been so detached from reality; so non-thinking; so authority driven. Every lie, deception, or power play will be met with a bent knee. Sad, but in speaking of the 98%, absolutely true.

Excuse me please, but the Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq needed NO help from us "turning them against one another."

Those folks had been killing each others for centuries before we showed up.

And I thought I was a cynic!
I agree with parts of the above but keep in mind that historicly americans have always been mistrustful of those with power. True, America has been Balkanized like never before but much of the schism is between the doers and the do nothings. Riots? Sure, just like the Rodney King Riots. Citys will burn, because the cops and Obobo Want them to burn. Infrastructure will be crippeled by trained cadres who will then exploit the chaos to hit secondary targets, think of SF A and B teams. Suburbs will be hit, but that is where the resistance will start, and strengthen. The rioters will slow down once thier hangovers kick in, 3 days. This leaves the hard core Revolutionarys, pushing thier more disciplined mobs in front of them. Trained by OWS they will have radios and know to guard thier flanks. Circle wide and engage thier rear, where the C&C is. Look for Comms vechicles and rear eschelon activities like mobile kitchins, bivy tents. Beware of Police survialence and protective units.
PS the Liberals will never be asked for thier guns, they will be issued guns as part of the Civilian Milita created by Obama. It's only at the end that the Liberals will be rounded-up and executed, by thier own PPL, who will then be rounded up and executed by the Communists, who will then be executed by the Marxists.

I agree with wichaka, it would probably play out something like the California ban on a larger scale........and possibly with harsher penalties and rewards for those who turned in "violators".

In order for this to even remotely take place the government would try to pull a tienanmen square, by this I mean outsiders would be needed as our own locals and US troops would not follow orders. Those blue helmet/government types would be facing a hardened, well trained and very determined populace.

In the big blue city's where sheeple do as their told it would be easier but up here in Gods country they better bring lots of new blue helmets and body bags. I might hesitate for just a second in shooting a local but you bring an outsider blue state trash type to my woods and try to take whats mine and my neighbors and we would stack them up like fireplace wood.

That's why it wont happen for a very very long time we Americans wouldn't comply because we know what's next and if I'm going to get sent to Barry's re-education camp I'll cost him 100 blue helmets first. An entire roman legion vanished into the black Forrest's of germany because they didn't understand their enemy, watch what would happen if a bunch of blue state brown shirts get sent here.....poof....it's a big Forrest where shallow graves blend in.

With respect, I disagree; there are examples of our 'own' turning on the populace. The latest being Katrina. The propaganda and manipulation will be in full swing, making the common man into a 'terrorist.'

If you are correct about foreign troops being used - anything is possible - then yes, they would be marching into a buzz saw. Americans have an ingrained 'us vs them' mentality and they would be seen as an invading army. Add into the equation that the banksters will have scape goats lined up to take the heat for the collapse that they plotted and caused.

TPTB are about 1000x smarter than the American sheeple though. So chances are there will be so many smokescreens, false flags, and lies that most people won't have a clue about who is an enemy or who is a friend.

The BIG advantage TPTB has is Survailance, from telecomms to drones to satalite. All this tech was battle tested post 9-11. The Snatch And Grab techiniques based on "Intel" will happen in the middle of the night, your house will be normal at sunset and empty at dawn, none of your neighbors will Ever say a word. If the PTB could do it in two entire countrys they can do it regionaly in the USA.
Don't think you'll ever be presented with an obvious target
And lets not forget Russia
seems to me that the real battle is between Russia, China, Islam with the USA as a bone to be chewed

Do you all remember what happened after the Rodney King trial? That is what will happen if something like martial law is declared. The "authorities" won't bother with interaction and they won't bother with collecting your guns. They will go for containment. Those who want to destroy their own neighborhoods will do what they want. Those who want to protect themselves will do what they want. The government will just make sure that you cannot get out by blocking the exits and cutting off supplies to a given area until everyone surrenders or dies. No need for door to door searches for guns or concentration camps because you, if you live in a city like metro Portland, will all ready be right where "they" want you - contained. No escape except for the extremely experienced that are willing to leave their inexperienced family and friends behind. Personally, I will stay to save my family and friends or die trying.

Rural communities will be a lot harder to control because good ol' boys know the terrain and there are too many of those communities to cover. Sure, major arteries will be blocked and utilities stopped, but country boys no how to survive off the land. Much more difficult to contain.

A side point to rural communities is that the current president is trying to close forest and BLM roads, supposedly for environmental reasons and to curtail vehicles because of 'noise problems,' like someone living there is bothered by either. What if that is not their goal. What if the goal is to make it so hard for those who live there to survive there - hunting, fishing, wood cutting for fuel would be next to impossible to get to, unless you have horses and a buckboard (wagon to you young city folks). First close the roads under the guise of 'wilderness.' so people who live primarily off the land not have motor vehicle access. Sure, everyone who wants to see the wilderness wants to do it on foot or horseback (might be a couple of dozen of them). The residents get discouraged and move to a more metro area leaving fewer residents. Cut off utilities and fuel, and most of the rest are done soon enough.

What is left is the hardcore survivors/survivalists. AKA, few who really can't do anything except survive. They will have guns and will be able to protect themselves (until they run out of ammo), but will still need to keep a low profile. Troublemakers will be easily detected day or night. Very hard to defeat FLIR and IR technology. I am sure most have seen at least a few videos from the current wars showing what the technology does to wannabe trouble makers.

Bottom line: There will be no need to go around confiscating guns. They will be easily picked up from cold dead fingers in the cities or rural areas, once the population dies off from starvation, or just killing each other trying to keep their stuff or trying to steal it from others.

As for UN troops, highly unlikely, since they get most of their support from America as it is. Also, if America goes into the chaos mode, it is likely that the rest of the world will be there too and they will be concerned about themselves and not what is happening in America.

All that said, get all of your family and friends registered to vote and get the future dictator-in-chief voted out of office in November. That will be a good start to keeping America safe for at least a few more years. Get yourselves good with God too. If you don't believe, then why does anything matter anyway?

Some of you fellas sound like you've been playing wayyyyyy too many video games.

Burt, you're my kind of guy. Congrats on your 1400th post.

There are 315 million of us here, and in a collapse scenario nobody's going to be confiscating anything from the masses - the scope is just too immense. But we'll have to worry about the government-sponsored smash-n-grabs, like what the Honorable Jon Corzine did at MF Global. That's already underway. But coming to your house for your cracked corn and tins of 7.62X39? Impossible.

All that would happen if they tried is a massive uprising, which would reveal their empire to be hollowed out and useless. They can't afford that.

I don't waste time playing video games. I waste my time here, and other blogs on occasion. It is also fun to visit leftist sites where they have no clue what they are voting for, but like the thought of freebees supplied by those who work for a living. Twist the nips at Yahoo, MSNBC, etc. Unfortunately, most of those on the sites like their nips twisted.

Deadtime, too funny. But we should cut our younger brothers some slack. They will learn from us old guys if they are willing to spend the time.

And speaking of time, I seem to have a lot of it since I was laid off (terminated for us salary folks) 3 years ago. Anyone who wants some free range time at TCGC in Sherwood, let me know. If first time shooter, I will provide guns and ammo. It is the least I can do to keep the real American tradition/sport/heritage going. PM me if interested. And please, don't take advantage of the freebee. I want to get new shooters into the game. I am ok financially but not wealthy. God says to help those without and I am dedicated to that.

God I wish I was a 23 y.o. gamer, I was older than that when atari came to be. Back to the subject, they will never be able to ban guns completely. They cannot climb inside your head and take out the knowledge. Look at the Khyber pass, French resistance of ww2, viet cong, and those are just the ones that come to mind. What do you think has happened to all the "parts kits", by the millions that have been sold since ww2? Actually even building a rifle from scratch isn't all that hard. They don't have to be pretty or especially accurate, just work. Check out the "homebuilt" movement in CA. I'm a little worried about ammo, but being a reloader and component hoarder, not much.

Us useless old farts that never "plugged in" still remember Tsun Stsu; the way to win a war is to have your enemies hand thier weapons to you with a smile and a bow.
I think that describes the slacker generation
Yeah I know that there are a million young GIs that say different, where were they sent? someplace they could be killed by stoneage sh*tlickers supplied by Iran/Russia

Deadtime, too funny. But we should cut our younger brothers some slack. They will learn from us old guys if they are willing to spend the time.

And speaking of time, I seem to have a lot of it since I was laid off (terminated for us salary folks) 3 years ago. Anyone who wants some free range time at TCGC in Sherwood, let me know. If first time shooter, I will provide guns and ammo. It is the least I can do to keep the real American tradition/sport/heritage going. PM me if interested. And please, don't take advantage of the freebee. I want to get new shooters into the game. I am ok financially but not wealthy. God says to help those without and I am dedicated to that.

That sir is a very nice looking range, if I were closer I'd frequent it so much you would grow tired of me and run me off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top