Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If They Can't Take Your Guns...They Are Trying to Your "Bullets". Hunters beware!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DOA, Mar 16, 2012.

1. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

I wish I had $8 million to spend. Of course, this is against anyone that actually owns a firearm. It's funny how they use the hunting excuse to paint such a horrible EPA disaster, ban all ammo is the theme here. Price you right out of being able to fire a single round works too.

Hunters Fire Back At Environmental Group

2. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

he does have a point, i noticed years ago when i was just a kid that lead was toxic. it has been directly responsible for the deaths of many a critter, from sage rats and rockchucks, birds and snakes, to deer and elk. OMG he is a flippen genius

3. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

I can't believe it, you polluted the environment on purpose!?! :flag: Don't let your forefathers know that it was wrong to hunt and put food on the table. They left nothing but a polluted mess and we're all zombies and all life has ceased to exist around the world. Sounds about right. lol

4. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

I didn't get much out of the video, but it did remind me that there are still issues with the use of lead projectiles and fishing sinkers out in the wilderness where critters might eat them. Recently I stumbled across a website for a raptor clinic in Iowa that has had quite a few birds such as cooper's hawks and bald eagles come in with obvious signs of lead poisoning from ingesting something, likely smaller prey, that had itself already eaten some lead or been shot. Search the page linked below for "lead" and you'll get a number of interesting case studies and insight into the fate of these creatures.

SOAR -- Saving Our Avian Resources

I've buried basically every critter I've had to dispatch so I never really thought about it. I can't see banning lead bullets as a desirable solution but I do understand that regulating lead shot for water fowl has had a significant impact on maintaining duck populations for hunters.

It'd be interesting to read any experiences about the impact of non-toxic shot use over time for hunting water fowl and how hunters are encouraged to be aware of what happens to the bullet-fragment impregnated bits of their kill?

5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Ok, I live on a "hobby" farm and raise poultry for eating and all...now, I also have kids that shoot .22 (or did, until they grew up)....
    Turkeys, like all fowl, need to have rocks in their gizzard to grind the food that they eat. While butchering one turkey that had free ranged, I found a .22 slug...guess the turkey had swallowed it to use. The turkey was HUGE...(big breasted whites grow fast and large). Of course, it was destined to live a short (4 month) life anyway, so there were going to be no "long term" effects....

Also, unless I'm mistaken, Federal law specifically prevents the EPA from regulating ammunition any way....

6. SB1027

SB1027 Ycounty New Member

I just wish they'd quit importing lead from other planets, because according to them it sure seems to be raising havoc on ours. Actually, I think they want it all for
    themselves that way they have 100% control of any havoc they choose to raise. And they know we know, an unarmed society is a controllable society.