JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I........

• Total voters
Reactions
So I have this large backpack that I use to carry ammunition and handguns to range sites.

The bag was mostly empty except for about 75 or so loose rounds of 12g birdshot down in the bottom.

The bag laid inside an old laundry hamper on the floor of my office for like 4 months after I moved into my new house. I Don't think I stepped foot into the office once during this time.

So I finally go to retrieve the bag a couple days ago and it would appear that my cat has peed, an unknown number of times, on my backpack full of shells and paper targets, and such.

They smell so pissy. The backpack is toast. I can only imagine the smell of vaporized cat piss whenever I get around to shooting these.

That's it. That's my cat piss story.

DERP

I used to collect cameras twice I bought full gadget bags full of camera gear that had been cat pissed. In both cases everything soft got tossed. The camera bodies and lenses I was able to wash well enough to keep or resell. One of the motor drives sadly was in contact with the bag and ended up in the trash. Sometimes ruined is just that.

I used to collect cameras twice I bought full gadget bags full of camera gear that had been cat pissed. In both cases everything soft got tossed. The camera bodies and lenses I was able to wash well enough to keep or resell. One of the motor drives sadly was in contact with the bag and ended up in the trash. Sometimes ruined is just that.
Wow I would definitely clean the piss off some camera gear for a good deal

If they don't clean up to be shootable, give them to either a shotshell reloader or bullet caster. Lead shot isn't cheap nowadays.

Better to be recycled (into more bullets) than end up in a landfill. :)

So I have this large backpack that I use to carry ammunition and handguns to range sites.

The bag was mostly empty except for about 75 or so loose rounds of 12g birdshot down in the bottom.

The bag laid inside an old laundry hamper on the floor of my office for like 4 months after I moved into my new house. I Don't think I stepped foot into the office once during this time.

So I finally go to retrieve the bag a couple days ago and it would appear that my cat has peed, an unknown number of times, on my backpack full of shells and paper targets, and such.

They smell so pissy. The backpack is toast. I can only imagine the smell of vaporized cat piss whenever I get around to shooting these.

That's it. That's my cat piss story.

DERP

You left out the next steps...

put cat in backpack and zip it closed.

pick up backpack by both straps.

vigorously slam backpack back and forth against the walls while walking down the hallway towards front door.

upon reaching front door, overhead slam backpack onto the floor and open door.

overhead slam backpack onto front porch and open the backpack.

6a.
if cat comes out of backpack, it'll GLADLY remain an outside cat and take its chances with the coyotes.

6b.
if after 20 mins. cat doesn't come out of backpack, zip it back up throw the entire assembly into the trash can.

In either event, no more cat pi$$ in the house. ;)

were brass base, I don't think you should shoot them. The ammonia in the piss will weaken the brass. That is why brass polish needs to be ammonia free. I first discovered this when a customer returned some bearing with bronze cages (considered premium) saying they were for a refrigeration plant and the ammonia they use destroyed bronze cage bearings. I looked it up and sure enough, its true.

This is true, but most birdshot hulls nowadays have either aluminum bases, or brass plated steel. If they're aluminum or magnetic you should be fine.

You left out the next steps...

put cat in backpack and zip it closed.

pick up backpack by both straps.

vigorously slam backpack back and forth against the walls while walking down the hallway towards front door.

upon reaching front door, overhead slam backpack onto the floor and open door.

overhead slam backpack onto front porch and open the backpack.

6a.
if cat comes out of backpack, it'll GLADLY remain an outside cat and take its chances with the coyotes.

6b.
if after 20 mins. cat doesn't come out of backpack, zip it back up throw the entire assembly into the trash can.

In either event, no more cat pi$$ in the house. ;)

1586151208262.png

Sell them online as premium rounds.
I like this idea...:D

"Tactical Cat Ammunition"...
With our new "pee shot" ammunition you will be able to finally say "piss off" to those unwelcome home visitors.
The enhanced shot shell smell will enable you to quickly find the shot shells in a low light situation.
As an added bonus the ammonia will help clean the bore and chamber area.
Act now and the first 500 buyers will also receive a free gift of "Kitty Roka"....:eek: :D
Be sure to check back for our developing line of " I don't give a crap ammunition".....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads