JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If the NFA goes away, will you switch to a stock or stick with a brace?

• I'd switch to a stock - braces have no redeeming qualities.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • I'd do a brace with a devoid plug - it's the best of both worlds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd keep the brace as-is - it works well for my needs.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Por que no los dos?

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't trust the stock market! Oh, wait, nvm. Wrong stock.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Switch to the pistol braces that ride on standard rifle-tubes. You can legally do a lot of things with an AR pistol you can't with a rifle... that said, each such pistol WOULD also have a stock waiting for swapout upon returning home, or in a locked case in the trunk so the Fischengestapo have nothing to say about "loaded rifle in vehicle" but I can pivot it to CQBR when needed or for overnight stays while traveling.

The above thread got me thinking - if the NFA goes away, that would eliminate the constraints on barrel length for rifles and scrap the ATF's upcoming pistol brace scheme. However, I do see a practical use for pistol stabilizing braces on firearms. For example, if someone loses mobility in one arm, certain types of stabilizing brace could enable them to continue using their weapon whereas they might find a firearm with a traditional rifle stock more difficult to operate.

I know, some braces (like the shark fin-style) just suck in general, but the Tailhook, SBA3, and similar models equipped with a devoid plug might be a great middle ground. The devoid plug would give it the functionality of a stock, but it could be removed if the user is injured and needs support for one-handed operation. Based on the above rationale, what are your thoughts - would you keep the brace or switch to a stock?
No braces. If the NFA goes away, well... I've wanted an Uzi for a long time... maybe the prices and availability will become such that I can find/afford one...

The NFA and congress believes we shoot our military style weapons of war from the hip, like John Wayne and store it in the top drawer of our home library like in Charlie's Angels

These laws have nothing to do with reality. The braces vs stocks have nothing to do with the operation of these firearms. I've shot actual M4s and have a 14.5 inch AR (extended birdcage). Very little difference. I wouldn't change it. Same with my pistols. I doubt I'd change it but I do like buying stuff. If I did change it would be just for that reason, to buy something new.

I would definitely swap many of them to stocks, but I'd probably keep a couple with tailhooks and run devoid plugs in them.
Well if I still had some left after that tragic boating accident I used to love my tailhooks. They worked very well, I'd probably print out some kind of pad that can be latched into them but can also be quickly removed.
I also had one or two that I would have converted to a full stock "SBR" even though "SBR" will hopefully be a thing of the past. I hope..
Maybe then I can replace my lost toys.

BTW. There's was just a new video I posted on the referenced OP link to my thread. Things are looking good for a major step by the end of the year.
I'll go ahead and post the video here to for simplicities sake.

The only SBR I could see being interested in aside from a 14" barrel model 1892 in 357 mag. Is a Universal enforcer in a M1 carbine paratrooper stock.

As to the AR/AK stuff not my thing.

90 present the the stuff I have braced would stay that way as they are range toys and
I do not want to spend any more money on most of them.

A couple I would put stocks on as they are tools for day to day use.

I already have silencers so more would be cool and it would be nice not to have to pay the tax on any new ones as that money could go to buy more. You know stimulate the economy!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top