JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If the Hearing Protect Act Passes, what will you do ....

• I would buy my first can!

Votes: 123 66.8%
  • I would buy more cans, though I've got some already.

Votes: 44 23.9%
  • Meh, I have enough silencers, so it wouldn't change much.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I have no interest in suppressors, so whatever.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Um, eh (bromp!), wut wuz duh ques'n?

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Absolutely, at first there will be some... but don't forget my recap of Basic Economics above.

From Economics For Dummies Cheat Sheet - dummies
*Say, the 1934 NFA restrictions.

To walk through the chain of events...
--Suppressors deregulated.
--Liberal media howling to the heavens.
--Curious public hears about these "new" (to them) toys and wants to play too.
--Demand for suppressors surges.
--With finite quantity available until manufacturers expand capacity, prices shift left along the Demand Curve.
--Manufacturers see the high profit-margin-per-unit and expand facilities, add more shifts at existing facilities (see also: ban-scare AR industry) or enter from outside the market.
--Prices remain high until the Supply Curve adjusts upward and meets the Demand Curve, restoring equilibrium.

So, there will be some gouging from some of the Big Names with Mil/Gov/LE contracts (what reason do they have to worry about what Joe Average thinks? *stares pointedly at FN, HK and Colt*) until new players enter the market and the second-tier manufacturers ramp up, which will both put supply on steroids, thus cratering the Market Price and bringing considerable downward price-pressure onto KAC/SureFire/Gemtech/etc. Additionally, a price spike at Brand X frequently causes reduced demand for Brand X and increased demand for similar competitor Brand Y, which means lost sales, thus lost market share, and thus pressure to rethink things. (Boards of Directors and investors tend to not like when you miss an opportunity to make a sale, after all...)

Gee, thanks for the flashbacks to my Sociopathic Business Major days, a**holes... :p
Really I'll take your word for it I'm not going to read a book and look at graphs what ever the law hasn't even pass yet and you got it figured out good job lol

All of that's ASSUMING HPA passes in the first place--without that, this is all just mathematical masturbation.

There are any number of ways that things could go the OTHER way... like if Federal deregulation provokes a Leftist backlash that results in State RE-regulation or expansion of prohibitions. In which case, prices remain high or get driven even HIGHER...

Excuse me for a bit, I need to go exchange some naughty texts with the girlfriend to mindbleach the nightmares of what I could've become if I'd continued down MBA Road. :eek: lol

YEP your right bout that but guns we buy from gun stores so they can price gouging we don't go directly to a gun maker and buy guns but the suppressor company 's sell directly to the public and if you don't they will price gouging when it is possible well then I have some beach front property you might be interested in it's just outside Denver
I ordered my Laura and Daniel Defense from them and then had it shipped to an FFL.

Can for the long guns for sure - I don't need a can for any handguns. No point, IMO. I really, really would like a can for the defensive AR's though - I'd trade being deaf for being alive - but if I can be alive and keep my hearing (what's left of it anyway) if I have to light off a 5.56 indoors - likely in my narrow hallway or nothing bigger than a 10x10 room - I don't want to be deaf, or deafen the wife & kid.

You are right, being deaf is not what it's cut out to be (only when someone is snoring)....
I lost over 75% bilaterally of my hearing 25 years ago & it sucks!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Yup! Being part deaf sucks! I would like to maintain the hearing I still have, I would miss music way to much to be able to live a good life, plus I would miss all the sweet things my Bride always says to me! LOL

I SAY , CANS FOR EVERY ONE:):):)

Yup! Being part deaf sucks! I would like to maintain the hearing I still have, I would miss music way to much to be able to live a good life, plus I would miss all the sweet things my Bride always says to me! LOL

I SAY , CANS FOR EVERY ONE:):):)
Try *living with* someone who is and refuses to get hearing aids even though she NEEDS to be able to hear what's going on when supervising the playground at recess... :(

Try *living with* someone who is and refuses to get hearing aids even though she NEEDS to be able to hear what's going on when supervising the playground at recess... :(
I have um, And I hate um! Right side sounds like a long piece of iron pipe, and the left side I constantly have to adjust the volume despite the auto features and noise canceling!

At 63 years of age, my hearing is about a shot as it's going to get. A lifetime of working around and flying in loud military aircraft, and shooting. Besides, once they are easier to get, there will be a rush that won't let the price drop (notwithstanding the dismissal of draconian taxes, mind you). Eventually the price will settle down some, but I don't foresee ever buying one. If I were younger, it would be interesting. Just stick with my Peltors.

Just for my self for now! I have close to 20 years using suppressors, and while I am no expert in designing and building them, I do know which designs work very well and I am going to expand on that and see where it takes me! Just need a source for Titanium tube and I will be sitting fat and happy! One thing I am hoping for, is being able to import a few suppressors from Africa for a few of my hunting rifles!

Just for my self for now! I have close to 20 years using suppressors, and while I am no expert in designing and building them, I do know which designs work very well and I am going to expand on that and see where it takes me! Just need a source for Titanium tube and I will be sitting fat and happy! One thing I am hoping for, is being able to import a few suppressors from Africa for a few of my hunting rifles!

I feel like we need to be friends. :s0005:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads