JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If just if the GOV shut down tonight, will the ATF still processing all the Tax Stamp that we submitted? ATF already behind everyone transfer, now will it take longer?
Who will be left to enforcing NFA items? As I recall that by laws we dont have to show our Local LE our tax stamp. Only to ATF agents. If ATF shut down then whom will enforcing it?

I was a federal employee last time this happened. There are jobs which are considered "mission critical" (in my case, I was a medical technologist [lab tech]) and we had to show up to work - we were told we would get paid "eventually." Of course things worked out in a few days so no big deal. I suspect the same thing will happen this time, it'll take a few days of wailing and gnashing of teeth with one party or the other wearing sack cloth and ashes....

I suspect that the enforcement aspects of BATFE will be considered "mission critical" and will still be out there...

Paid services by law unless otherwise denied are legal obligations on the BATFs part otherwise funds must be returned.

Perhaps wait time increases, but the previous poster nailed it.. There will be a bunch of back and forth until eventually all will be back on track.

Wish in those instances the BATF would kick the forms down to the applicants state and undergo approval via state level when the obligations of the BATF are not met thus wait or processing time would be nil. Even states with AWBs would have to approve the otherwise legal forms via trust etc.

It was stated somewhere that the background check and records sections would not shut down.
I read that in a couple news articles last week, but not sure which ones.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top