JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weapons that look "scary" kill people easier. Haven't you learned that from the media yet? :cool:

"AR" Name or Nickname for the Armalite Arms Co. Maker of the original "Stoner" designed firearm.

US Military after much testing and asking for some changes and all, ADOPTED a full auto version DESIGNATed, The M-16. It has evloved to todays M-16a4+mods.

The AR-15 is a sporting firearm that shots a 22cal bullet at high velocity and is very effective on varmits, rabbits, rats, and preditory critters, like the cyotote..

The modern day firearm has a 60+year developement time into todays sporter firearm. These are not Automatic weapons, or Military assult weapons. There is a significant difference. .o2c

^^^EXACTLY! Its not an assault weapon or a WMD. Its a sport rifle designed to take down coyotes and such. And whether or not it has a flash suppressor, a bayonet lug or a high cap mag its still just a varmint rifle. Plain and simple. The 5.56 NATO round has long been thought of as "not for human consumption" but rounds are cheap with low recoil and light enough to carry many.

Edit: To avoid confusion, I'll just say that the post above mine is very informative.

Last Edited:
And what you just said about AK style rifles is a misnomer as well. "Stopping power" does not an "Assault Rifle" make, otherwise any semi-auto deer rifle would be one. Not nit-picking on you, but we have to be precise in what we say, and how we say it, so the low-information voter doesn't run mentally amok in assumptions. ;)

I, by no means, meant to attach stopping power with the term "assault rifle". Make no mistake. A well placed air-rifle pellet has "stopping power". I meant more that the AR-15 is considered a "high power assault rifle" by today's media liberals and it is neither.

And I'm not taking it as nit-picking, but I assume that the audience in this forum is of higher intelligence than the low-information voter and would be able to understand the point I was trying to make, without me having to be too precise. ;)

"assault weapon", which of the worlds armies use it?
United States?
178d357eff34a00062442e051fe10d8a.jpg

178d357eff34a00062442e051fe10d8a.jpg

Better? I certainly didn't join NWFA to compare wits with anyone nor did I think I would need to edit my posts to avoid "copy & paste" from trollers.

It's not my first day as a gun owner, nor is it my first day in a discussion forum. But I am new to NWFA so I'm ending this discussion with a simple edit.

My m-16 in the Army said Colt Ar-15 on the side. It was overstamped m-16.
The point is people that hate don't realy care about the truth. Stop trying to be logical about the guns. You need to understand the anti-gun crowd is compleatly insane. So push the second amendment. Only explain the function of the guns to the ones that are not screaming! And have an inteligent but misguided look in there eye.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top