JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If selling directly to an 01 FFL, are you required to make the sale at their registered place of business?

I had someone who holds an 01 FFL contact me a while back about an item I had for sale. They were a little ways away, so they offered to meet me half-way to make the sale. Now, we ended up not doing the deal, but it left a question in my mind - if I were selling a gun to an 01 FFL holder, is it required that that transaction take place at their registered place of business - the address on their license?

I've sold to a couple of 01 FFl's in the past, but always at their place of business. I was just curious on this question. I would expect them to provide me a copy of their FFL and maybe ID just so I can confirm it's them on the license.

Can anyone think of a reason why this would be an issue? Maybe you 01 FFL holders can address this question?

Thanks!

I wouldn't think it would matter as long as you fill out the form and do the BGC, but they would need to do that at the time of transaction.

But I'm not up to date on unjust laws.

But what I'm referring to is selling directly to the FFL holder. As far as I know, with an 01 FFL, no BGC on him would be required, even under SB941.

Sounds like the other answers have made it clear though - if selling direct to the 01 FFL holder, it must be done at their place of business.

Good to know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top