JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^^^^^ Hey buddy, it's pronounced, Mai Tai, ....... :) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, so now your the "spelling" police, too? LMAO! ;)

Sigh,

Please read Post #11. Yes, I was in error and the Oregon Supreme Court corrected that travesty a number of years ago. :s0013:

Still, it was that way for over 20 years.

Don't sweat it, dude. You corrected your statement in subsequent posts, if they can't be bothered to read the entire thread before they jump on you it's not your problem. As soon as I read your post I was all set to reply to it citing the SCofOR ruled that one does not have a duty to retreat, but saw others steer you onto it, as well as you correcting what you thought to be true.

My concern isn't really the police breaking in with a warrant. If it is the REAL police, it'll get sorted out soon enough, and I'll sue them and make money. LOTS of money, probably, if it was a mistake, none if they did it in "good faith" but still...

My concern is that home invaders are now pretending to be police, and by the time you realize they aren't really police, it's too late.

With the growing use of no-knock warrants and home invasions, this is a situation ripe for tragedy...

Oh, so now your the "spelling" police, too? LMAO! ;)

Don't sweat it, dude. You corrected your statement in subsequent posts, if they can't be bothered to read the entire thread before they jump on you it's not your problem. As soon as I read your post I was all set to reply to it citing the SCofOR ruled that one does not have a duty to retreat, but saw others steer you onto it, as well as you correcting what you thought to be true.

Thanks, Stomper. I finally edited the original post to steer these guys to post #11 right on the spot. I should have done that sooner.

The liberals are still making a hero of Betty Roberts for writing the "Duty to Retreat" ruling. They ignore the later OSC ruling that politely worded their finding that it was crazy, illogical and without basis in law.

I was aware of the 1982 ruling, but wasn't aware that it had been overruled later. The press didn't give that one much (if any) coverage, and I hadn't found the information on the Internet yet.

One way to look at it is that I've only spent the last six years thinking in error that I had to retreat (or be cornered) before I shot an intruder, but for the previous 25 I would have been right!

LOL... just when I thought you were a condescending jackwagon who never said anything that wasn't insulting and snotty, you go and make me LMAO... BUT, in my defense I just drank a Maitai (sp?) stout enough to drop my nose hairs for the next month.... WOOOO!!! :s0112:

And all this time I thought you were a neo-Nazi mouth breather. Then you go and say something light and show an appreciation for a good Mai Tai. We may have more in common than you think.

Can someone put verified news report links in-line about crooks posing as cops? Should add some credence to the thread.

Okay...let me post what I've found

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Prolific burglar posed as police officer as he robbed 'a home a day for four years' - Telegraph

<broken link removed>

Looks like in the UK they pose as cops. In the US they pose as utility workers, salesmen, tax collectors, census workers, etc.

So I'm less worried about a gang of thieves bursting in my door wearing imitation SWAT gear. Won't say it's not a possibility, but I'll keep my S&W closer to hand when a tree trimmer tries to give me his card.

Okay...let me post what I've found

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Prolific burglar posed as police officer as he robbed 'a home a day for four years' - Telegraph

<broken link removed>

Looks like in the UK they pose as cops. In the US they pose as utility workers, salesmen, tax collectors, census workers, etc.

So I'm less worried about a gang of thieves bursting in my door wearing imitation SWAT gear. Won't say it's not a possibility, but I'll keep my S&W closer to hand when a tree trimmer tries to give me his card.

I can no longer hit this link successfully, but here is a thread about a armed thugs pose as DEA agents and raid the wrong house in Marysville.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads