JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I have had almost zero interest in Combloc guns over the years, because, well "Death to Bolshevism!" Seriously, my hatred of Communism is unconstrained, and, frankly, rabid. For the example, I smoke cigars most days, but still will not buy a Cuban, here or abroad.

Be that as it may, I've owned a number of Commie guns over the years; an SKS, a Tokarev, a couple Kalashnikovs. All uninteresting crap to my mind, dumped them all, but I did build a suppressed, SBRed vz61 which could, possibly, be the most fun gun to shoot:

vzcigar1-jpg.jpg

469858-5d57c26205b34d52fe47f4ecc79fe217-jpg.jpg

Which brings me to my question. This evening I was speaking with my beloved about my crazy, idea (by that I mean jest) of escaping to Western Sahara (formerly Spanish Sahara), living in the hinterland, with four wives (per al-Qurʼān), and in this silly discourse, a short AK entered the conversation. Reality? Don't take this seriously, my friends, this is silly talk. But, curiously, I've found the AKS—74U very neat. I'm kind of done with NFA projects, but, let us be honest, this is kind of fun looking gun, no? (One of my business contacts in Louisiana built one for SHTF purposes and it works for him.)

aks74u.jpg

OK, I know I have been very long-winded on this one, but if one was so inclined to acquire/build/whatever such a thing, what would be one's plan? Thanks!

P.S. If one should doubt my patriotism, I build this:
469857-2413d29391e64c56d3b4e09ba2501c08-jpg.jpg

'Merica! (Bidibodi Bidibu. :p)

I own one. Bulgarian on an NDS receiver & replaced the furniture with KVAR black synthetic.

It has size and handling of an mp-5 fixed stock but with 62 grain projectiles at 2550 fps. It completely shames the MP5 in power within the same envelope.

I bought a life time of tins for it when they were dirt cheap.

Kokalis coined it as the zenith of AK production and I don't disagree.

I cut down a steel Polish Tantal mag to make a 20 rounder which is very sweet in this set up.

It is my very favorite Kalashnikov.

Have an Arsenal SLR104UR, is a hoot to shoot. Pretty much made to be SBR'd, although haven't done so. Does look kinda silly with the pencil barrel & no brake.

Webby McLink: SLR-104UR

Might SBR it, might not. Dunno.

As to ammo, 5.45 is still reasonably easy to buy. New manufactured non-corrosive runs about similar to 7.62x39, maybe a touch more. Just received some cases of golden tiger 5.45 just yesterday, $.21 / round.

Tins of 7N6 are also still available, however have to look towards the secondary market.

...if anyone would care to Mule the circle 10 tins currently in the classifieds up aro7nd Portland to down Medford way that'd be simply outstanding! Link: 5.45x39 AMMO: Bulgarian 7n6/WASP and WOLF Mil Classic & performance

-Circle 10 5.45 ammo runs the same as Russian 7N6, it's just normally a decade younger...

Do it.....the bestest, mostest funest machine gun I have shot was a post sample 74U....put almost a case of ammo through it myself, giggling the whole time.

I have a hammer and sickle permanently tattooed onto my arm.

Ive built and owned AKSU's. They were fun to play with when the ammo was cheap. These days I'd go pistol caliber to be honest.

Nah, I did the whole AK think. They are good for a few things in my opinion. Are they a superior gun? Questionable. They are damn reliable, but that doesn't mean I'll overlook all of its other faults.

I finally sold my only AK. It was a Zastava in 5.56. I only really used it to bump fire from the hip. As that's what it did well and it put a big smile on my face.

Not sure if it's just an itch you need to scratch, or there is general interest in this. I get it. I built an SBS to scratch an itch.

Build with the understanding that one of the four wives will use it on you.

Ouch. Tough crowd.

Do it with a galil, then you don't have to feel dirty rolling around in the combloc. :)

Hmmm ... interesting.

Inshallah

Oh, I'm not of the faithful. I just know that is the form of non-monogamy that will fly over there.

You can own more than one gun.

Yes, yes you can. :s0155:

Interesting. Looks like Arsenal makes one already SBRed.

1576607397808.png

Neat-o!

Bonus: I discovered there is "burnout" and there is another level "burnout to the point of fantasizing about disappearing into the Sahara." :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top