JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far it sounds like some supposing or pot stirring based on the dislike of Obama versus being based on any actual fact - once again.
I was hoping for better.

James Ruby

How about this? It's got some pretty good citations.

The Vetting: Obama Has Demagogued Guns, from 2000 to Today

Here's one of the citations describing an anti-gun bill he proposed while in the Illinois Senate (subscription required for more than the opening 2 paragraphs) : Obama unveils federal gun bill - Chicago Defender | HighBeam Research

In Obama's own voice - he supports a ban on concealed carry: Obama on concealed weapons permits - YouTube

So far it sounds like some supposing or pot stirring based on the dislike of Obama versus being based on any actual fact - once again.
I was hoping for better.

James Ruby
Now JG, haven't you read the Democrat party platform?
It's right there in the "firearms" section under the "protecting rights and freedoms" (HAHAHA) heading.

we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—

So, it's not just obama. It's the whole democrat party!

And while you may want to ignore a few of us, I wouldn't ignore their clearly stated agenda.

The only Candidate to actually enact gun control is Romney - you right wingers seem to have forgotten this point. What gun laws have been passed by the executive branch in the last four years?

I think Romney will tell you anything he can to get elected and then once he is there will do as he wants. After last night I am even more confused about what he actually plans to do. He is so willing to work with the other side of the isle that he does not have a plan of his own or at least will not commit to.

James Ruby

The only Candidate to actually enact gun control is Romney - you right wingers seem to have forgotten this point. What gun laws have been passed by the executive branch in the last four years?

I think Romney will tell you anything he can to get elected and then once he is there will do as he wants. After last night I am even more confused about what he actually plans to do. He is so willing to work with the other side of the isle that he does not have a plan of his own or at least will not commit to.

James Ruby

No one said Romney didn't enact gun control laws in his time as Governor. In fact it is pretty well known that he did.

If Obama wasn't working under the radar why did he claim executive privilege when it came time to be forced to hand over documents to the oversight committee? Gee if he nor Holder had nothing to do with it then executive order doesn't pan out.

The facts are in front of your nose. You just choose not to see them.

No one said Romney didn't enact gun control laws in his time as Governor. In fact it is pretty well known that he did.

If Obama wasn't working under the radar why did he claim executive privilege when it came time to be forced to hand over documents to the oversight committee? Gee if he nor Holder had nothing to do with it then executive order doesn't pan out.

The facts are in front of your nose. You just choose not to see them.

I'm trying to make sense of this post! Something about Holder's F@$#ups links to Obama's secret subversive undercover gun control?? I have to watch more Hannity or listen to Limbaugh more, I'm not getting the story.

not true. If Obama is elected it will be his last term. He cannot be re-elected. He will not care to get re- elected so will move more to the left like he was in the primaries (2008). Why would he not push for an assault weapons ban as his last legacy.

Just a thought. Very unlikely however, demoscum still remember the beating they received after Clinton's assault weapons ban.

More likely push ammo and gun sin tax for healthcare, ban importation of ammo, ban importation of all guns and parts. built in locks on all firearms. Maybe serialized and registered hicap mags. Again all unlikely. Look at the colorado shooting during an election year with a demon-crat as president. Not one word about guns. In fact the demon-craps acted like it did not occur.

Romney since it is his first term would not address the issue at all.

Second term, don't know.

I'm trying to make sense of this post! Something about Holder's F@$#ups links to Obama's secret subversive undercover gun control?? I have to watch more Hannity or listen to Limbaugh more, I'm not getting the story.
Not Hannity, try CBS, specifically Sharyl Attkisson and her reporting of the real agenda behind Fast and Furious.

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News
ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

Maybe a simple search of "Fast and Furious" on here would bring you up to speed.
Otherwise, you're just regurgitating what the WH has to say, or ignoring it.
Like the bulk of the media has done from the beginning.

Meanwhile, we'll wait while you get caught up, and while the House Committee grinds through court proceedings to remove obama's executive order hiding the truth, and protecting his corrupt and incompetent DOJ.

I would be willing to bet that all presidents during thier term have called executive privledge - Obama is not different.

James Ruby

He is different in the fact that this is the only time he has invoked executive privilege, Clinton invoked it 14 times and Bush 6 times. The problem is that they initially, and to this day, claim that the executive branch knew nothing about fast and furious until after the fact. If this truly is the case then his claim of executive privilege is wrong as the documents that are being requested by congress do not pertain to the executive branch and are not covered under the privilege.

Supposedly neither Holder or Obama knew of the operation. Executive privilege would not cover the documents requested unless they implicated someone in the executive branch. The claims and actions of the executive branch do not match with each other.

Supposedly neither Holder or Obama knew of the operation. Executive privilege would not cover the documents requested unless they implicated someone in the executive branch. The claims and actions of the executive branch do not match with each other.

Yeah right.

Something as big as the United States of America's government willfully letting firearms illegally cross our borders into another County and Two of the most powerful people in the USA government didn't know about it?

Yeah right.

10-03-2012, 07:48 PM #54
fd15k

Feedback Score
40 (100%)

Originally Posted by JGRuby
FOX news is as bad in the opposite way as MSNBC is - got to be careful of the sources. I imagine MSNBC has said some negative things about Obama. I can only imagine that FOX would like to have Romney win. I would not put much truth in it based on the source.

James Ruby
The question here is whether Obama has said that particular thing or not. It's one thing to give things a spin, but you probably don't have any proof that

a) the meeting never took place
b) that particular phrase didn't come out of one of the participants

(I must say though, I couldn't find that same statement in any other media source (except for Washington Post) - only NRA and FOX News links come up in Google...)

until the rest of the media could not ignore that f&f took place almost a year earlier you wouldn't have hardly bean able to find except on fox or NRA ect. so does that mean it didn't happen until msnbc reported it?

I love how people think Obama won't do anything more in his second term, because he hasn't done it in his first term.
That's some good logic there.

How about this logic then... Obama got into office ON THE MESSAGE of AWB reinstatement. I.e. he got elected despite him stating out right that he will seek a new Assault Weapons Ban. Once he gets into the office, he abandons that message, and, to put your concept into equation, keeps it up his sleeve until he gets a second term, perhaps end of the second term. That is so that it can be quickly overturned by the next pro-gun Congress and pro-gun president. I love it, this must be it :D :D :D

How about this logic then... Obama got into office ON THE MESSAGE of AWB reinstatement. I.e. he got elected despite him stating out right that he will seek a new Assault Weapons Ban. Once he gets into the office, he abandons that message, and, to put your concept into equation, keeps it up his sleeve until he gets a second term, perhaps end of the second term. That is so that it can be quickly overturned by the next pro-gun Congress and pro-gun president. I love it, this must be it :D :D :D

I'd rather reduce the chances of a AWB being instated in the first place...

I'm sorry Sir, you've involved logic, please stick to the logic now. How do you explain the sequence of events (minus my sarcasm) I've described above ?

How long till there is a pro-gun influence though? It could be ten years could be twenty who knows. That is why I would avoid the AWB in the first place. (unless I'm missing the point your trying to make)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top