JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Executive order is not a carte blanche. It only applies to executive branch (ATF, DOJ, etc), it does not create law, and can be easily overridden by legislative or judicial branches.

And Obwan has already said he won't follow what the legislature passes if it goes against what he wants, a budget bill was passed denying funds for the illegal registration scheme for multiple long guns purchased in those four states, He signed the bill but stated it was onlky a "guideline" so he was going to ignore the law!

Executive order is not a carte blanche. It only applies to executive branch (ATF, DOJ, etc), it does not create law, and can be easily overridden by legislative or judicial branches.

Then how do you explain Obama issuing an executive order for some exemptions concerning a few certain Democrat Senators' constituents that were the last remaining hold outs to vote for Obamacare as a means to get them to vote for it... Hmmm? I can't remember the Senator's names ATM, but they all may as well be named, "Chamberlain" (as in the British Prime Minister).

the basic clif's notes is:
Obama won't be enacting any gun control, and Romney, who has already signed one AWB, would happily sign an AWB or worse if it comes across his desk.

Remember that Bush told congress if they passed it, after it had expired, that he would sign it.
Obama will sign an AWB if it passes his desk he just isn't publicly pushing it. He is pushing it behind closed doors. He learned from the Clinton era Dems that got booted after their run at gun control.

Remember that Bush told congress if they passed it, after it had expired, that he would sign it.
Obama will sign an AWB if it passes his desk he just isn't publicly pushing it. He is pushing it behind closed doors. He learned from the Clinton era Dems that got booted after their run at gun control.

What proof do you have that Obama is privately pushing it -if you are going tomake a statement you need tio back it up.

Respectfully

James Ruby

So there is hard cold facts that Obama is working with Sarah Brady in restriciting our gun rights. Do I understand this correctly and you know this how?

James Ruby

There are no facts other than his reported statement. Don't misunderstand my position though - I am just passing the message, not making any conclusions here.

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Read more: Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar' - Guns - Fox Nation

FOX news is as bad in the opposite way as MSNBC is - got to be careful of the sources. I imagine MSNBC has said some negative things about Obama. I can only imagine that FOX would like to have Romney win. I would not put much truth in it based on the source.

James Ruby

FOX news is as bad in the opposite way as MSNBC is - got to be careful of the sources. I imagine MSNBC has said some negative things about Obama. I can only imagine that FOX would like to have Romney win. I would not put much truth in it based on the source.

James Ruby

The question here is whether Obama has said that particular thing or not. It's one thing to give things a spin, but you probably don't have any proof that

a) the meeting never took place
b) that particular phrase didn't come out of one of the participants

I must say though, I couldn't find that same statement in any other media source (except for Washington Post) - only NRA and FOX News links come up in Google...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top