JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I dated a woman who was an alternative lifestyle guru here in PDX. While she was vegan, unlike most vegans I've known, she never made anything of it. My favorite quip of hers was, "all those vegans who think they are saving the planet need to pull their head out of their bubblegum. If you don't raise it yourself, you might as well eat meat." Her gardens and chickens were fantastic.

If someone wants to not eat meat , be it for health , spiritual , or any other reason than good for them.
What I dislike is when some people decide that what is good for them must be good for everybody.
I'm not saying that every Vegan acts this way or does this.
But I do Know some that do. ( 'Course they are not the only ones that do this ).
I just get tired of trying to be respectful of other peoples choices and being ridiculed for mine.
Andy

If someone wants to not eat meat , be it for health , spiritual , or any other reason than good for them.
What I dislike is when some people decide that what is good for them must be good for everybody.
But I do Know some that do. ( 'Course they are not the only ones that do this ).
I just get tired of trying to be respectful of other peoples choices and being ridiculed for mine.
Andy
That's it for me too.
I had a roommate with a vegan friend, that we invited to a BBQ a time or two.
It wasn't enough that I had to come up with a special dish/main course for them, I/we had to suffer through lectures about how we were eating wrong and how even their vegan dishes were somehow tainted by being cooked on a grill that had cooked chicken or steak or burgers on it at one time.
Those f#(&ing people were insufferable a$$holes.

Andy
Andy, your same logic would apply to almost _all_ "politically correct" people I know, and when your last sentence comes into play with them, my common response is, "take your PC and GFY."

I've been vegan for 18 years, and I've definitely run into my share of annoying vegans. I think the likelihood of running into a annoying one is due to how many vegans are also hippies, a more annoying group of people may have never been seen before upon the earth.

I don't see how what people eat is anyone else's business. I've definitely run into as many people that seemed upset about the food I don't eat, as annoying vegans that care about people eating meat. I think what it comes down to is people shouldn't make judgements or feel superior due to the foods they do or don't eat, religious beliefs they do don't hold, or anything else that gives people the feeling they're on the moral high road.

People should just be judged on their character, actions, and gun collection. Except gluten free people without celiac disease, those people need to cut it out.

Andy,you were raised to respect people like I was,or became that way. And I try to be that way still. But it's hard some times when self righteous people don't return it.
And Jamie,you are a better man than me cause I would neither make them a special dish or listen to their BS. It's a BBQ, not a lecture. Keep it friendly or GTFO:eek:

That's hilarious.

I don't hate vegans, just like I don't hate certain races. I hate people who judge others and have no respect for other people's view and opinions.

My opinion is right and your stupid!

I feel like there are way too many adults who never got a good spanking when they were kids.

This is a perfect ad for this thread!!

image.jpg

Who remembers the Simpson episode where they eat all vegetables for dinner and get sick except for Lisa? Afterward Bart says something about never eating vegetables and only eating things with a soul.
May our lives glorify God,
Michael

I guess I'm a psyco vegan then. I got just as much lust for red meat as anything else in the food chain.
I like good food. Bring it on.

I dated a woman who was an alternative lifestyle guru here in PDX. While she was vegan, unlike most vegans I've known, she never made anything of it. My favorite quip of hers was, "all those vegans who think they are saving the planet need to pull their head out of their bubblegum. If you don't raise it yourself, you might as well eat meat." Her gardens and chickens were fantastic.
When the chair got kicked out from under her, I lost it. I laughed like never before.
Classic. OMG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads