JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Liberal 'lies' certainly must cover the Second Amendment debate

Today's Town Hall online entries include an essay by Kurt Schlicter that posits that liberals lie about everything, and while he points to subjects ranging from global warming to illegal immigration and terrorism, he overlooks one subject completely: Guns and the Second Amendment.

<broken link removed>

Banning OC and allowing CC is NO different than banning what others wear for self expression. Its a bigoted approach to an irrational fear.

You can bet your bottom dollar if I owned a store in PDX and said we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone dressed like a flamboyantly gay man (or cross dresser), butch lesbians or women that wear mens clothing as well as pant sagging thugs... we'd be in the papers.

Self expression is granted under the 1st amendment.

Now that isnt me making the analogy that OC'ers are like the above mentioned, my point is that "self expression" is a vast subject and banning somthing due to the sight of it is just as asinine as banning others for what they wear or who they are.

A defensive lifestyle beit OC'ing or CCing is still ones right to self expression and their pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

Bad optics or not either you believe in the Second Amendment or you don't. If the only firearm I own to defend myself is a Mossberg 500 or 590A then why do people feel I should not be allowed to carry it?

To me it is no different than the antis saying I should not carry concealed near a school or in a mall because I might be tempted to go on a rampage for no apparent reason. If I am not threatening you or harming you then why would you care? I agree we do not normally see it but that does not mean it is wrong.

Did I give up my right to defend myself by not owning a pistol? Open carry is open carry and the Second Amendment says shell not be infringed, not shell not be infringed unless you don't like it.

As it stands current law in most states your CCP/CWL only allow the carrying of a pistol and not a rifle or shotgun so open carry is your only option.

I agree with ZA_Survivalist A defensive lifestyle be it OC'ing or CCing is still ones right to self expression and their pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

I live in Idaho and it is not uncommon to see open carry, yes more folks carry hand guns than rifles or shot guns but some do carry them.

I just feel if we as gun owners don't stand with each other even if we do not totally agree on everything we will be our own worst enemy.

I see it now with the green tip 5.56. I heard folks in the sporting goods store I work at over the weekend say they don't really care because they don't use it. This may be true now but what affect could it have on them down the road once the precedence has been set.

We need to quit worrying what others think (mainly the anti folks) and start exercising our rights because if we don't then maybe we should just give them up.

Standing with folks who will election cycle after election cycle vote in folks who do ALL the damage to 2A/RTKBA is gonna fall outta vogue, they will NEVER ditch their other issues that matter in the ballot box.

Gator Monroe

"Standing with folks who will election cycle after election cycle vote in folks who do ALL the damage to 2A/RTKBA is gonna fall outta vogue, they will NEVER ditch their other issues that matter in the ballot box."

I agree and have not figured out how to fix that problem yet, but I still try to work on the folks that I know to change their evil ways. I have had some that try to change my way of thinking and I am just as head strong as they are on certain subject so it works both ways.

I have heard from folks personally and see post on line that we should not do certain things as it might offend or sway some people's point of view against us. I do understand this way of thinking and even have to admit I have in the past gone along with it but not anymore.

I am tired of their definition of compromise is I lose rights and have to jump through hoops, fill out paper work, give blood, a stool sample and they give us nothing in return but the scraps they leave us, while in the background they are working on taking that away as well.

So yes I write letters and call representatives and comment on blogs and forums because this is what the liberals do and they do it well. Some have asked, aren't you afraid to be put on some data sheet the government has and my answer is I hope I am because that means they are listening and if I am not then by doing all this I am wasting my time.

I want the folks in office to know I am paying attention and I do not like something and yes I do it in a tactful and non threading manner as I do not like black helicopters above my house any more than any one else.

As stated by 2Wheels4Ever "All politicians lie. In order to be in politics you have to be an bubblegum kisser and a bold faced liar."

The sad thing is by law if congressmen and senators lie on the house or senate floor they cannot be held accountable for it.

We all know they lie and have known it for a long time and we know that we will not change a liberals mind no more than they will change ours, so for the hard core folks don't even try to change them but now the one on the fence keep working on as the pendulum is swing are direction as more folks are becoming pro gun.

Continue to vote pro gun and at the same time find out what turns on the fence walkers then show them that the pro gun candidate may feel the same way but not as vocal on the issue, that might help them step off the fence.

I am a firm believer that you question authority as the folks in office work for all of us not just the left or the right depending on party affiliation and we as Americans are the ones that should be in control not the government.

Laws on the books only work if "We the People" are willing to fallow them and I do not in courage anybody to break the law but question it. If a law will not stop bad people from doing bad things then why does the law exist, just to punish the law abiding.

You can still have a speed limit but that should not stop you from having a Ferrari or a VW as long as you do the speed limit. Same with firearms does it matter if I have a AR15 SBR or a AR15 rifle or a AR15 pistol as long as I am not threatening or harming someone what does it matter and if I am threatening or harming someone then make the punishment harsh enough folks will think twice about it.

We are currently a political correct society and this is our down fall as we worry too much about feelings and not rights.

But them my wife has always said I was a cold hearted (b******) person.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top