JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I belong to the group that prefers NO reciepts or records of face to face sales. Once you see proof of state residence and have no reason to believe a person is a criminal, that's all you need. One less gun on the government books.

Except that the gun was on the books at one point in time, and if it is linked to a murder then you may be on the hook to prove that it isn't your gun anymore.

To me, this is akin to a Bill of Sale and Release of Interest when selling a vehicle. That way when the car is involved in an illegal action it won't come back to you.

Except that the gun was on the books at one point in time, and if it is linked to a murder then you may be on the hook to prove that it isn't your gun anymore.

To me, this is akin to a Bill of Sale and Release of Interest when selling a vehicle. That way when the car is involved in an illegal action it won't come back to you.

dunno about that.. my wife still gets letters from some collection agency regarding a bunch of un-paid parking tickets in Pheonix from a car she sold to some dumb twit that never registered the car in her name after buying it. our bill of sale means nothing to them.

if a gun you sell somebody gets found at the scene of a crime, you're gonna be looked at whether you have a bill of sale or not. you're also not going to be any more or less implicated in the crime whether or not you have a bill of sale. the only good it can do is help the investigators find the real perp- but if you're like me, and generally have no desire to help LE, that's totally moot. :)

The fact that I would have nothing to do with the crime would take care of that. I wouldn't need a reciept to clear my name. "Oh, that gun? I sold it. Checked the guys ID and he was an Oregon resident with no reason to believe he was a criminal. Don't remember his name." Done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top