JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That link doesn't work.
Is that stay still in effect on all the seals around the Columbia? I thought I heard like 100 were to be killed quite a few years ago but nothing really happened.

I completely understand. I am a 5th generation Oregonian. I am crippled and I get a narrow window to take my deer and elk. I have witnessed "Native's"(when do I become a Native? Didn't they cross the Bering Strait? Why does crossing one ocean and not another make you "Native"?) that are so drunk they can barely stand attempt to shoot elk in May(why would they even have concern for the calfs that were just born?). I can take you directly to where the bodies get piled up after the antlers are stripped and if the animal is lucky, the backstrap and tenderloin taken, the rest left to rot. I am appalled that the color of someone's skin allows them to massacre deer and elk and leave them where they fall.

But, pay no attention. I'm just another "racist" white guy. I don't believe allowing a skin color to wipe out as many animals as their Jack Daniels will let them is any way to have racial equality, since that is what everyone wants.

I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to play the same game as everyone else in these woods. The only difference is a measured level of respect for the animals and that I will actually eat and use the meat, not sell trinkets and a backstrap. "Conservation" my ***.

Link still doesn't work.
Is there any big game or fish to go after any more?
The seals slam the fish and the cats and more slam the big game. Can't touch either.. the only way to "get" a cat is with dogs.. can't use dogs for many years now and the cat population has skyrocketed. I see a paid for by the public commercial daily on what to do if you see a mountain lion and that's like on Fox news channel, not a hunting channel.

I see cougar's here on my property all the time. In my opinion, strapping a radio collar on dogs, sitting on your fat a** in your truck, then following the signal to the treed cat isn't hunting, it's shopping.

"Is there any big game and fish to go after any more?". Excuse me, but are you the guy that said to me a while ago that ALL deer and elk were hunted to extinction during the depression(and if that wasn't you, my apologies.)? We have NEVER had our big game, with the exception of the buffalo, hunted to near extinction and there are so many deer and elk on this continent it isn't funny. Cougars are everywhere and the only reason you don't see them is because of how elusive they are. I have seen 2 of them in the last 3 months and that is a lot. Teddy Roosevelt put into place the conservation programs for a reason and for the most part, they work. I am a little offended that a certain skin color gets to have no regard at all for game animals, especially here where everyone is equal(unless you're white, then you must pay for crimes committed by people you never met against people they never met.).

But yeah, a male cougar will have killed between 150-200 deer sized game by the time he reaches maturity at about 4&1/2 years old. From there, he takes an average of 50 deer every year. That is why hundreds of them get thinned out of OR and WA every year and their elusiveness is why the season runs all year long. It is a delicate balance between hunting and extinction, or so we are told by Lefty "biologists". Of course, if the balance were so delicate that each and every animal taken by white people must be recorded, it sure would seem to get thrown out of whack by "Natives" slaughtering animals by the thousands(that is a literal number) and leaving them where they fall. But since when is government "data" supposed to tell the truth to those footing the bill?

But folks, "Its for the children..."

/sarcasm .... This line of thinking really started, when...

"... They paved Paradise, to put up a parking lot..." Communists, every one of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I do understand, that we have a First Amendment, and freedom of all sorts of things... Politics Included. But there seems to be a flaw even in that thinking, when the Politics of a minority overwhelms the politics of the majority.... And Big Name "actors" do free PSA's with their daughters, speaking on how/why they are vegitarian... Implication YOU should be Too. Then you hear "sponsoring by PETA".

And you scratch the surface of PETA animal rescues, and they mass euthanize dogs, rather than find folks who want to adopt.... Because they do not believe "we"Kind (mankind is Sexist you know, it has the Word Man in it...) should have any animals None. Nor cut down the trees, (but let me build my house first)....

As to the link not working????? Has anybody noticed an increase of anti PC websites being blocked, or is it my Paranoia, again, again, again....(nervously looking both directions as I type this) ?????

philip's thoughts Without Coffee yet. Nor Bacon & Eggs, Whole Wheat Toast.... In the Boon Docks though... We got Nutria as road Kill every forty feet, on the Hwy....

That link doesn't work.
Is that stay still in effect on all the seals around the Columbia? I thought I heard like 100 were to be killed quite a few years ago but nothing really happened.

My bad. It should work now.
In case you havent heard, there has been an emergency closure on the Chehalis River (Area 2-2 East).
It was going to be a week but now its looking like it is until further notice.

https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/erule.jsp?id=1363

Link still doesn't work.
Is there any big game or fish to go after any more?
The seals slam the fish and the cats and more slam the big game. Can't touch either.. the only way to "get" a cat is with dogs.. can't use dogs for many years now and the cat population has skyrocketed. I see a paid for by the public commercial daily on what to do if you see a mountain lion and that's like on Fox news channel, not a hunting channel.

Its only a matter of time til the cats view children as their main food source. They have been moved from several school yards, they have torn up horses in the Wilsonville , Newberg area, seen in the Forest Park part of Portland, and just recently in several parts of Lake Oswego and West Linn, also not far from schools in heavily populated areas.
The blame will lie on the eco nuts that keep protecting them. They will be the ones responsible for any death or mauling that occurs.
When it happens go after every dime of theirs that you can.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top