JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HB2251 has a looser definition of "assault weapon" than IP16. If both are passed as written which definition would apply to IP16's banned firearms?
The example I would like to use is the Franklin Armory XO-26. Under IP16 law it would not be banned but it likely would be considered an AW under HB2251. So would authorities use the HB2251 definition to say that the XO-26 is banned under IP16 even though IP16 on it's own would not classify it as a banned firearm?

Does this question make any sense to anybody?

To try and explain my question better here are a couple of more details of HB2251 and IP16 that have me guessing.

IP16 doesn't list the type/category of firearm that the FA XO-26 belongs too. So if only IP16 passed I would be confident that the XO-26 is not banned.

HB2251 doesn't ban any firearms but serves to define certain firearms as "assault weapons" The FA XO-26 could be defined under HB2251 as an assault weapon.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads