JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are several rules I live by. The one that comes to mind here: "Always smell it first".

If chicken is bad, you know it! I also believe that working to be "Germ Free" is a bad idea in the long term for our species.

Some years ago, a smart guy invented a stick on paper label that would permanently change color if a food product went above it's normal refrigeration temperatures.
Guess what, the patent was bought by a food conglomerate and hasn't been seen since.

I bought some bacon when I was in Washington the 24th at 10:00am.

It stayed in the car until we got home at 10:00pm. Cooked for breakfast on the 25th.

According to my wife and mother in law we all should have died.

People have lost touch with food preparation, counter cleaning and just overall sensibility.

I remember my grandmother telling me about their bacon hanging in the smokehouse in cheese cloth Want some? Sure, to wipe it down with vinegar to get the mold off and cut off a chunk for breakfast.

There is a difference between the bacteria and then the toxins left by large quantities of bacteria. I don't mind eating cooked bacteria but not the other.

I have eaten a lot of 50% Safeway meat, Some of it a long time after taking it to the shop for lunch. I have yet to have an issue.

I struggle with my wife. She is one who chucks something if it is even close to the expiration date. She has gotten much better but still is pretty touchy about some things.

My biggest concern is with homemade canned foods that I wasn't personally involved with the preparation and canning, not commercial products.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads