JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger P-Series = ct90-at-work-1024x701.jpg

I had one of these motors custom installed in a Bonanza mini bike. All my friends were scared to ride it.

Don't blame them lol. I seem to remember those things had a terrible turn radius and somewhat terrible brakes. Still a blast to ride around a campsite though.

A neighbor was a hot rod builder and one day he decided that my under powered 3hp Briggs & Stratton wasn't good enough, so he installed the motor out of his sons wrecked Hodaka.
He also made a custom exhaust for it. One weekend he cut the rigid front forks and installed some spring tubes that were held in place by cables that ran up inside the upper fork tubes and were held in place by custom plugs located in the end of the handle bars.
One day I was showing off by popping wheelies in 2nd gear and the front wheel assembly fell off.
That crash really hurt.

I had one of these motors custom installed in a Bonanza mini bike. All my friends were scared to ride it.
I was living in Boise in '88 and was looking for a dirt bike to take into the foothills for fun.

I stopped by a dealer and they had a Yamaha YZ490 for a great price. Said it was bought and ridden once or twice then wrecked lightly and the former owner wanted nothing to do with it.

They let me take it for a spin on a small dirt track behind the shop.

Holy crap!! I had grown up on 100's and 125's and at 6'2" and 210lbs, needed to move up to something bigger.

That YZ490 was scary powerful. The rpm's would hit a certain spot and I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground. Very touchy throttle. It would get away from you very quickly and with little warning.

I declined to buy it...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads