JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Suddenly it dawns on me. That red table cloth in the pictures in the original post looks awfully familiar. Yep, I just looked it up, that show is a Big Top Productions show. Say no more.

There has not been a single gun show, which I've been to since the prior-Obama scare years, that has held venders whom weren't so obviously wielding scorching-hot crack pipes at the end of the day.

Working with private sellers, on forums like this, has been a far more economical answer than gun shows have been in a long time.

Went to a gun show in April , also took a friend to her first modern gun show.
( We both mostly shoot muzzle loaders )

Prices ranged from :
Wow...that is a good deal...
Hmmm...'Bout what I figured....
Um....yeah , no thanks....
Also worth noting was the variety of firearms that were available for sale or trade.

While not really quite like the modern gun shows of my gun trading past...it was time well spent.
With that said....the show was not a "Big Top Production".
Andy

Prices at a gun show in Bremerton two or three weeks ago had Winchester 115gr. 9mm in a box of 50 going for $62.50. Unreal. I am still waiting for the Washington Arms Collectors shows to open up again with -- hopefully -- decent prices on ammo and guns.

I went to this show as well. First time checking it out since moving to this area a while back.... Prices on everything were ridiculous. I didn't know the MSRP for much, but all the guns I did know MSRP or current "Cabela's" prices for (which are usually about MSRP), were doubled or close to it. I walked out with nothing at all, not even some magazines, which were the only thing I saw close to MSRP. I had no interest in supporting this kind of gouging past my $5 entry fee.

Also, they did themselves no favors charging those prices while displaying over 200 firearms on the main table (which was most of the venue and belonged all to the main company that does these shows).... If there is a shortage severe enough to justify those prices you shouldn't have enough guns to fill your giant table.

Not to revive this oldish thread but was a big top promotions show? Those shows are the biggest waste of time. $15 bucks for that stuff! I thought that AK at first was an Arsenal and for $1899 I thought "Not too crazy" and then I saw it was a VSKA. WTF. That's even worse than Gunbroker. And there were no milsurps.

Last Edited:
Why the Gun broker hate. I have bought 5 pr 6 guns in the last few years. All under or way under what even retail gun stores sell them at and less than one listed here. Same with ammo. You just need to do your homework, know what the real market value is and if you want it get.

Why the Gun broker hate
I've mostly been a seller on Gunbroker. But for ordinary, common firearms, the competitive nature of GB can work for buyers. It's the opposite for unusual, rare or especially popular guns. Buying competition drives those up. I think it's a pretty good marketplace, all things considered. Which includes the much wider market that it provides for both buyers and sellers. It sure saves a lot of time and running around if you're looking for a certain gun. In pre-internet days, you might have to wait for years to find a certain gun, going to gun show after gun show, shop after shop, searching. Print ads like Shotgun News didn't offer near as much information about advertised guns and of course no feedback forum.

When you buy on GB, it's wise to consider shipping cost, transfer fee, and sales tax. All of which add to the purchase price. Just like keeping in mind the buyer's premium at some auction venues.

Re. Big Top Promotions, it's a gun show that is put on by an FFL dealer who doesn't have a store presence of his own. He creates a retail market environment for his own purposes. Yes, tables are available for other sellers but few are rented.

Veterans discount on gate fee at BT promotions was one dollar off. It wasn't worth begging for.

Why the Gun broker hate. I have bought 5 pr 6 guns in the last few years. All under or way under what even retail gun stores sell them at and less than one listed here. Same with ammo. You just need to do your homework, know what the real market value is and if you want it get.
I've gotten some decent deals on firearms there in the last year. If I cant find it local and my ffl can't get it from his distributor I look there. I've never over paid for what I was getting as there is normally 1-100 just what I am looking for. Just have to be patient on Gunbroker as well find the no credit card fee and cheaper Shipping.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads