JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9/25/11

"Frigates sail into the Mediterranean"Under the above title, Turkish daily Aksam (23.09.11) reports that the Turkish Navy vessels Salih Reis, Sokullu Mehmet Pasa and Oncu have sailed from Izmir. According to the paper, the ships' mission is to act as a hindrance if drilling activities start in areas that Cyprus has declared as its Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), but Turkey says that they belong to "Turkey's or TRNC's territorial waters".

The paper writes that one of the frigates will wait in "Turkey's territorial waters", 6 miles open of Cyprus and it will be possible to be seen from the city of Pafos. The other 2 frigates will patrol the area while 3 torpedo boats which are part of the "TRNC Peace Forces" [as they refer to Turkey's occupational forces] will patrol plots 2 and 3 of Cyprus's EEZ. The ships will reportedly not take any action in plot 12 where currently exploratory drilling is under way, since it does not belong to "Turkey's of TRNC's territorial waters." Additionally, 3 submarines have sailed yesterday morning from the Golcuk naval base.

Moreover, the paper reports that according to Ankara, out of the 13 plots that constitute Cyprus' EEZ, plots 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7 belong to Turkey, while plots 2 and 3 belong to "TRNC's territorial waters."

Defence news from Greece and Cyprus | defencegreece.com

Although the entire N.Mediteranian landmass has been heavily occupied by illeagle Muslims the lynch pin, as always, is the Balkans/Greece/Cyprus
Turkey is again trying to establish it's old Empire, trying to beat th Iranian Axis and the nacent Egyptian Empire to the punch. The current show down with Israel/Cyprus is a way of sucking the oxygen out of Iran's power play. There are other players as well, all waiting for the fall of the WEST

Yes, Turkey is getting aggressive. Part of this has to do with Iran too, and N. Korea sending them weapons. It's all intertwined.

http://warsclerotic.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/turkey-seizes-syrian-ship-announces-arms-embargo/

The BBC hairdos are gobsmacked by a trader speaking the frank truth:
Trader on BBC says Eurozone Market will crash - YouTube

Greece will pull down Ireland, Portugal, Spain, and Italy, and then the Eurozone will be finished. The near-term play is the USD, because there's no other safe, convertible alternative. Longer term of course the greenback and all the other fiat paper pushers are finished, but we still have plenty of deflation to suffer through first, as all that unpayable debt is written down. In a depression, cash is king. Only after the Big Unwind will hyperinflation take over and the USD vanish into thin air.

my two cents.

I salute you, Sir. The only thing I might add is that IMO we're already in the midst of those thousand cuts.

What I don't believe is that this Euro takedown is random, unexpected, or unplanned. Just like in 2008, I think there will be another mad dash for the USD, and those short the greenback will be crushed. Again.

Greece is already gone; the epitaph is in her bond yields.
Greek bond yields rise to unprecedented levels - FT.com
Or does anybody here think that the Greeks will be making good on 3-yr notes at 172%!

Good prediction on the USD.
People have flocked back to it. Unfortunately, the best thing that can be said for the USD is that it is not as bad as the others.
It's like being the tallest midget.

How on earth can they be as high as AA-?

Crazy. When I went to school any A meant you were pretty excellent. A, AA, or AAA should all mean VERY VERY GOOD.

I'd say with their problems and outlook the BEST they deserve is a B. Not a B+ a plain old B.

How on earth can they be as high as AA-?

Crazy. When I went to school any A meant you were pretty excellent. A, AA, or AAA should all mean VERY VERY GOOD.

I'd say with their problems and outlook the BEST they deserve is a B. Not a B+ a plain old B.

I wish they did it this way too...but aren't GPA's of 4.3possible too now? The only reason the US is any good to invest in right now is because we are "less worse" than everyone else on a relative basis.

They also warned France of a possible downgrade for France. There is no way Europe is getting out of this. When governments try to cut budgets, people riot.

When Europe goes down, they will take us with them. Our banks and Wall street have too much exposure to European debt, not to mention the loss of exports to them.

Link

They also warned France of a possible downgrade for France. There is no way Europe is getting out of this. When governments try to cut budgets, people riot.

When Europe goes down, they will take us with them. Our banks and Wall street have too much exposure to European debt, not to mention the loss of exports to them.

Link

I've been saying for months that there is no way that France is not on the same trajectory as Greece. We all have read about the short work week, long vacations and generous social programs that are part of the French life. Add to that a huge out of the mainstream immigrant population, who do not share the same values as the native French and you have a recipe for a disaster.
When the SHFT hits in France they will not only have their own population rioting, but the Muslim immigrants will add another dimension to their social unrest.

Most likely, despite fluctuations and gyrations along the way:

Euro/Europe collapses first.
Yen/Japan collapses second.
$US/USA collapses third.

Fourth: A new world reserve currency unit (based on a basket of currencies) is implemented for international trade (only). Countries continue to use their own currencies for domestic transactions. It is likely not the end of the world (unless all-out war occurs), but it is the end of an era.

Germany and France have announced that they will concider monitizing PIIGS debt by printing worthless euroes; translation force all of europe to destroy thier citizens wealth by printing worthless money to keep Greece from fallng to the Commies and the Islamists
This is why all investors have fled to Wall Street and wil soon be investing in land, domestic fuel sources PMs and food production

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top