JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, some will fight, but they will be fighting each other and that is the plan. The Oligarchs running the show will be far, far away. Protected, and enjoying their theater of war while sipping their champagne and snacking on their caviar.

Burt, I have to say that I am reeeeaally glad you weren't advising Ben, George, Thomas and the rest of the guys back in '76! If you were, we would still be part of England... or Canada... or the Commonwealth... or whatever the h**l it is.

EZ - If Ben, George, Thomas and the rest of the guys back in '76 lived in the surveillance state like us they wouldn't have lasted more than a week.

They would have been arrested as plotting terrorists and been placed on the front page of USAtoday while being hauled off to some dark hole. All while the sheep, their former friends, and family are cheering the fate of the evil doers.

We live in a cage, they didn't. Plus the populace back then were intelligent and rational, not Tweeting and Texting zombies and programmed automatons.

The people of that time period vs now simply cannot be compared. Like a group of Neuro-scientists vs Romper Room kids throwing their cupcakes at each other.

Same for the other periods and events mentioned. Like I said, look around.

Sorry, I had to respond to that one. I hear that one a lot and although it is disheartening to argue against it, nonetheless what I am saying is truth.

Now I can guess the next argument - that 5% of the populace back then fought the British and won. Well, yes. The difference today is that the 95-98% aren't 'sitting on the sidelines'. They are actively working to cement their own fate. They crave false safety and enslavement. Think of them of as 307 million eyes and ears working for the interests of the state.

Hopeless cause.

The best course at this point is just to live your life and try to enjoy every day the best you can. Bad things are coming, yes, but they cannot be stopped so stop festering over it. Live for today in blissful apathy.

Other than that, enjoy the buffet.

I understand that pride trumps reality. People believe what they want to believe.

I totally respect those who feel like they want to stop the slide into tyranny. My point is that is it cannot be stopped. Decades ago, maybe, but it is far too late now.

So much for a lot of people 'liking me' but so be it. Truth is truth.

Your grandchildren will grow up in a tyrannical police state operated by foreign banking families, aka the .0001%. Their standard of living will be just a tiny fraction of what people enjoy now under the debt bubble.

Our standard of living will be put on par or lower than the average global citizen in order to facilitate a worldwide currency and economy. The standard of living of the extremely poor in other countries will go up. Here, we will be declining in every way. We are a paper nation. In the global economy, we are the caboose - all by design.

The best gift you could give them is helping them mentally prepare for that fate. That is better time spent than worrying about what puppet has been put in charge because they all report to the same masters..

If SHTF, gun grab, zombie attack, foreign invasion, "fill-in the blank" situation happened, do you think the majority of gun owners across the United States would take an active role in protecting their freedoms? or do you think several would comply?

You are attempting to classify reactionary moves to a clearly undefined situation. SHTF, is going to take several different looks. Natural disaster is probably our most likly SHTF scenario. Clearly there is going to be a different reaction that some type of economic collapse and the insurection that will follow. I am clearly prepared to live independently and can defend my location and preps against other potential problems, unless it is the government coming en masse and in force to take it over.

As an older adult with health issues, I will be one of the first to go or become a victim, and that is the way it should be. But I have said before, there will be a pile of empty smoking brass, should anybody attempt to physically remove my 2A rights for some bullshot reason.

The best course at this point is just to live your life and try to enjoy every day the best you can...

That part I agree with :). But I'll tell ya, there are a LOT of very knowledgeable and capable people who are getting out of the system to the greatest extent possible. They know what is coming, and are positioning themselves to be a part of the rebuilding process that will occur afterwards. It is very "Galt," but most that I know personally have not even read Atlas Shrugged. It is inherent in their nature to be proactive, realistic, and optimistic.

I can't share in your fatalism; not because I'm ignorant or foolish, or whatever you may think of me, but because I know from history that spring always follows winter. If it ends up being a long winter this time, then we will spend it with other like-minded folks over near Galt's Gulch. If 'they' swoop in on me to dig up my carrots and 'taters I will just re-plant. (But they won't do that because it would be a very silly use of resources). Heck, I might even develop a business of some sort that manufactures and distributes 'KY' to you guys in the fatalist camp.

I think I've got the marketing slogan! "NWO Tactical-KY - lube heavy, lube often!" Box it in camo and I'll bet I could sell $$$$$!!!

So far, this thread is going exactly as I thought it would.

I think a third will throw their hands in the air and surrender themselves, another third will be so apathetic and busy with their everyday lives, what's good on TV and what's for dinner they simply won't care....as usual the minority will have to do the heavy lifting.

It's always been that way

I put this thread up merely because I think it epitomizes society in general. For reasons bigger than I can possibly comprehend, it seems that society as a whole has given up. It is a culmination of the self-centered " me first" individuals combined with malaise and apathy in my opinion. On the other hand, and maybe I'm wrong, but I truly feel there is a percentage of Americans who are willing to put everything on the line for their beliefs and ideals ....some have actually already done so on foreign soil. I'm not here to judge, but its nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like serious changes can be made for the better, rather than just throwing my hands up in the air and ask" what could I have done?"

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Which Author did you read ? 1957 ver or 2011

Ok, I know I'm missing something here, but... The original. What happened in 2011 other than a movie release?

What I was trying to convey to Burt is that, while he is of the ultra fatalistic view that everyone is doomed and there is no hope whatsoever, there are others who believe they know what is coming and have acted upon those assumptions to protect themselves and position themselves for the rebuilding that comes after. He can be as hopeless as he likes, but those that do have hope (the ones I referred to), and are preparing for what comes after, are not unthinking ignorant fools. I like using Rand analogies because she understood the cycle.

there are others who believe they know what is coming and have acted upon those assumptions to protect themselves and position themselves for the rebuilding that comes after. He can be as hopeless as he likes, but those that do have hope (the ones I referred to), and are preparing for what comes after, are not unthinking ignorant fools.

You have to get through the SHTF first before you can participate in rebuilding. For even the most prepared of us, that is a huge thing. What happens after depends on what level of SHTF.

While planing is nice, there are no accurate models has to what would be the aftermath.

Living everyday like the your world is coming to an end ain't living! It's why I could never go full bore prepper, why I don't watch the news anymore, why I'm not as politically driven as I once was. I just got tired of worrying and stressing about stuff. No matter what you do, you will never be the most prepared for economic downfall, earthquakes, meteors, zombies, whatever. Did I give up? Nope. I just figured why live miserably day to day existence just in hopes to survive a miserable future that may not come. I prep a little here and there, I keep my ears to the ground/eyes to the horizon a little, but I don't let it consume me anymore. I can only control my world, not the whole world around me. I want to drink beer, get fat, screw, hangout with my friends, and all the stuff I really enjoy. I know some preppers who's entire life, thought process, and existence revolve around preparing for SHTF. Unfortunately some of them are so fixed in their beliefs and stubborn, they'll sit on their 2 year supply of food and 20k rounds of ammo while their "fortress" burns down with them in it. I'm not putting anyone down. Like I said, I prep a little. I also respect others who do a far more thorough job than myself. I just think if you take these things too seriously, life is going to pass you by.

You have to get through the SHTF first before you can participate in rebuilding. For even the most prepared of us, that is a huge thing. What happens after depends on what level of SHTF.

While planing is nice, there are no accurate models has to what would be the aftermath.

I totally agree. That is why I detest the "we are all totally f***** so just give up" mentality. In addition to this "Preparedness and Survival" section maybe the forum needs a "Just Give Up Now" section.

By Kellene Bishop

Here’s a very important set of facts about the Revolutionary War that every person who would call themselves an American should know.

•During the Revolutionary War, only THREE percent of the people actually fought against Great Britain.
•Only TEN percent of the citizens actively supported that three percent.
•Approximately TWENTY percent considered themselves to be on the side of the Revolution, but they did not actively participate.
•Towards the climatic end of the war, approximately THIRTY percent actually fought on the side of the British.
•The rest of the citizens had no disposition either way. They didn’t care. They didn’t want anything to do with what they deemed to simply be a political issue.

This was a very agrarian society back then. You didn't have to get involved if you didn't want to unless war found your doorstep. Today would be different percentages just because you have such population density. The trick for the "oppressors", is how they keep fed both the troops and the civvies in their control.

Personally I hope we can swing the pendulum back towards the middle with the ballot box. I do know that I was brought in to this world to live my days out in a "camp" or a home.
It['s not all about me and mine. It is about what's right. As far as I know only the End is written in stone. it what we do in the here and now that's in play.
Brutus Out

Greetings everyone,

As gun owners, preppers, advocates, etc. I'm curious of your thoughts on the following question for discussion.

If SHTF, gun grab, zombie attack, foreign invasion, "fill-in the blank" situation happened, do you think the majority of gun owners across the United States would take an active role in protecting their freedoms? or do you think several would comply?

I had to think about this one for awhile. I think the public's willingness to "protect freedoms" would be mostly along regional lines. But it depends a lot on the catalyst.

Zombies - everyone joins in.
Gun grab - Lots of noncompliance, particularly in the West, South, and Midwest rural, (oh, and in gang territory too). Expect successionist movements. Once it became evident why the gun grab was initiated I imagine a lot of those guns would come out of hiding and be utilized.
Foreign invasion - I suppose it depends on who the foreigners are invading. If they invaded California (State of Jefferson excluded) I would say "Fine, take it."

I don't want to be a bummer so I won't say anymore on the matter, but the reality is we are all slaves right now but people just don't know it. Financial slaves to the Fed, common stock in the corporation.

Yes, some will fight, but they will be fighting each other and that is the plan. The Oligarchs running the show will be far, far away. Protected, and enjoying their theater of war while sipping their champagne and snacking on their caviar.
I would like to add remember those who voted twice for Obama. That should be your answer.

Sorry my bad was a release new cove rin 2005 I got that mixed up with 2011 movie.
Never saw the movie book looks like a good read.

I started out with the book but quickly moved to the full audio book on cd(s)instead. I've never gone that route with a book before (since I enjoy reading), but in the case of Atlas Shrugged I'm glad I did. Rand's characters were some of the most long-winded humans you could ever encounter, but I thought listening to it on CD at least made those long-winded rants more tolerable. Rants aside, the book is a masterpiece. Ayn Rand nailed it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top