Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If everything went south

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by simon99, Nov 24, 2013.

1. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Greetings everyone,

As gun owners, preppers, advocates, etc. I'm curious of your thoughts on the following question for discussion.

If SHTF, gun grab, zombie attack, foreign invasion, "fill-in the blank" situation happened, do you think the majority of gun owners across the United States would take an active role in protecting their freedoms? or do you think several would comply?

2. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

Who defines the freedoms you are talking about ?

3. simon99

We the People, represented by the Constitution of the United States of America define my freedoms....

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Once PPL realize that the martial law is actually democide and if they still have their guns it will be a bloody mess

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Let's face it. 98% of the people even here that talk about 'fighting back' will feel differently the resources are all gone. The vast majority will gladly turn over everything in exchange for a bed and a turkey sandwich.

The banker media has molded American males into neutered pansies for a reason. Pharm drugs, flouride, aspartame, programming, gov schools, you name it all put forth for a reason - to produce a nation of sick, selfish weaklings.

Anyone who has done any research knows by now that were are owned property, slaves of a clandestine empire/corp. It just isn't 'in your face' yet. It will be at some point and unfortunately the cards are rigged, the table is tilted.

Americans wholeheartedly agreed to be willfully ignorant, complacent, and apathetic long ago. A nation of government worshipers and 'voters' masquerading as patriots.

There will be no real revolution, no answer to the Oligarch's control. They have already won. They are patient, ruthless, cunning, informed, and intelligent.

Most Americans are ..... brainless, easy frightened and conned sheep. Gullible.

I mean come on. Look around you.

Let's just stop even discussing revolution and other impossible realities. Simply put, no populace this deluded and stupid can possibly remain' free.' When the time comes just bend over and ask for mercy. Hand in the guns, and be done with it.

I know that really makes people angry but I'm about truth, and the truth is 'they' have already won. The populace here is the best case wet dream for the social planners wanting a third world America. All that said, I salute the 2% - but they don't have a prayer. No man is an island and tyranny will cover every square mile.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/fluoride-killing-us-softly/5360397

[video=youtube;vaw0rWI5idA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaw0rWI5idA[/video]

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

I think you will be surprised. There are millions that will never give up.
    Without the Constitution and I mean all of it, there will be little else to give cause to
    not fight. People want to bury their heads now because they prefer not to think of it, but push come to shove there are enough to get the job done and my guess it would last for a decade. Maybe less, but there would be massive support.
    Bending over is not what were cut from.

Brutus57 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I don't want to be a bummer so I won't say anymore on the matter, but the reality is we are all slaves right now but people just don't know it. Financial slaves to the Fed, common stock in the corporation.

Yes, some will fight, but they will be fighting each other and that is the plan. The Oligarchs running the show will be far, far away. Protected, and enjoying their theater of war while sipping their champagne and snacking on their caviar.

8. U201491

There are many plans out there. There are many in idle. Don't think so negatively.
    I think you know better.
    There are hundreds of forums on the issue similar to this. Take a look around.
    The earth rumbles.
    For every one that discusses it, there are a thousand that are silent.
    It runs from the fields to the very top.

9. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I think you need to think more deeply about "everything going south". In general, a major disaster, foreign invasion or zombie attack would be a moment of anarchy, that is, whatever the event is, has overwhelmed the state. So there are two options in the aftermath: will a state re-assert itself, or not.

Frankly, I think the idea of dropping what you do to provide for your family, and picking up a weapon should be the absolute last ditch effort. If you look at history, in most cases where some kind of insurrection, civil war, or any other violent domestic event happens the result is always worse than what existed before... The french revolution should be a case study that every would-be prepper/patriot/survivalist should study intently. They threw off the burden of the royalty, only to have a series of terrors and purges, followed by the takeover of Napoleon, twice, along with two very costly wars.

The pattern repeats... itself over and over again, from the middle east, to the plains of southern africa, to the new world. The only way to avoid the trap of defeating the oppressive power, only to have it replaced by another still more repressive power is to take power. And while at present, it may look less than expedient, it is still possible to run for office, get elected to office and then use that power for good.

However, if you want to believe bert... we've already lost, there's no point in doing anything but capitulating:

10. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

Yes, and that constitution you speak of sets forth a process of government that some on this board say they support, but then speak of, 'democide and if they still have their guns it will be a bloody mess.' If you support the constitution, why do so many reject the laws passed and court decisions that stem from the process set forth in that document. Does it not really come down to, "I support the constitution as long it is , 'My way, or the highway'"?

MikeE and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I'd buy some suntan lotion. :cool:

12. simon99

You don't need to get hung up on the details and technicalities.....I'm merely asking a simple question.

Its just a "what if" question, and based on your reasoning I know your answer...so thank you.

13. simon99

So far, this thread is going exactly as I thought it would.

I think a third will throw their hands in the air and surrender themselves, another third will be so apathetic and busy with their everyday lives, what's good on TV and what's for dinner they simply won't care....as usual the minority will have to do the heavy lifting.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Exactly....

As I have said before, it will not come slowly. you will wake up one morning to hear that confiscation and Martial Law has been imposed and that all are required to surrender their weapons and ammunition by a specific time. It will be justified and supported by the mindless who will point at the perceived safety it will provide, just as they did in Germany in the late 1930's. It will then steamroll across the nation in a coordinated effort.

Some time in the afternoon, there will be a knock on your door. There will stand a local Police Officer, Sheriff, State Trooper and two National Guardsmen. They will have your name and address as a sympathizer and gun owner acquired from the Federal authorities. They will have a warrant to enter your property to search for illegal weapons, and most will not be prepared, most will have their weapons confiscated, and most will face this tyranny alone.

15. U201491

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

16. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

By Kellene Bishop

Here’s a very important set of facts about the Revolutionary War that every person who would call themselves an American should know.

•During the Revolutionary War, only THREE percent of the people actually fought against Great Britain.
    •Only TEN percent of the citizens actively supported that three percent.
    •Approximately TWENTY percent considered themselves to be on the side of the Revolution, but they did not actively participate.
    •Towards the climatic end of the war, approximately THIRTY percent actually fought on the side of the British.
    •The rest of the citizens had no disposition either way. They didn’t care. They didn’t want anything to do with what they deemed to simply be a political issue.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

So what did you actually do for this hypothetical potentiality.. beat your time travelling chest? lol.

18. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think that there are so many variables that I can't even speculate.
    As to the video, go to a middle class area in London and ask the same questions.
    I have to go and see what's for dinner now!

19. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

The majority will not join in helping protect freedoms and will do as Burt believes. However, IF it comes to a point where the general population needs to mobilize against a threat to our freedom and the Federal Gov't fails to help (or has become so tyrannical, is the problem), you will see local leaders rise and help mobilize. I'm betting those leaders will be the county Sheriff's. In Oregon, they already told the Federal Gov't they would not enforce illegal federal laws. I think those Sheriff's would stand and mobilize those willing to defend freedom against the gun grab, zombie attack, foreign invasion, "fill-in the blank" situations... and when this happens, many who buried their weapons may be inspired by 'the spirit of '76' and will dig them up!!

20. kickstart my heart

kickstart my heart South King County, WA Active Member

I spent way too much of my time worrying about stuff like this over the last several years. Now I choose to just plan, prepare a little, and live my life not stressing about it. Stress is a killer! Why live in a constant state of worry, stress and paranoia?

You ever think that maybe the "forces of evil" we fear (gun grabber, dems with an agenda, people that want us to be slaves, etc) want you to be in a constant state of worry? It causes alienation, discontent, and in some cases radical behavior. Maybe the more they make you worry and act like you're wearing a tin foil hat, the easier it will be for them. "Yeah that guy had an arsenal of weapons, stockpile of ammo, and he kept talking about all these crazy conspiracy theories and civil war". That will be what is going to be said by your average American citizen. 90% of them won't question what the authorities say about you. They will spin your normal gun collection and belief in your rights as a "domestic terrorist with a cache of military assault weapons and anti government propaganda".

I know I can't control the time, place, or what will happen. I can just be as prepared as I am able to. Too many people around me don't want to listen. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I find it very sad that the majority of society is being molded to not stand up for themselves for fear of being a weirdo, outcast, enemy, etc.

My hope is that if something is coming, we'll see it coming. My hope is that I'm wrong about my faith in humanity and people will stand up. My fear however is that by the time everyone is pushed too far, people are being put under immense pressure to turn over their guns (search and seizures, fear of being imprisoned, wife/husband upset because they're being harassed by the authorities, fear of having your kids taken away, etc), that those willing to fight will be too few and far between. The revolutionary war may have been fought by a small segment of the population back then, but those were far different times. People will be facing drones that can seek them out by heat signature and blow up their strong hold from high in the sky, satellite images of where they're hiding, a domestic military force fighting on their home turf, electronic surveillance of your phone/computer/bank account, and a political system designed to make those standing up for the constitution look like enemies of the United States.