JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
I'll just SBR them like everything else I have. I know, I'm the bad guy who isnt indignant about this whole thing. Braces are stocks. Its a hokey work around and the fact that the ATF dropped the ball on the whole subject years ago didnt mean it wasnt going to come up again. It was fun while it lasted. Now buy a stock. . I SBR everything anyway. If we're lucky they'll push out free SBR stamps and I'll SBR EVERYTHING!!! Traditional Pistols etc. . OK. Lambast away.

^ Pretty much this.

Though, philosophically, totally opposed to any additional .gov infringement, in any sphere of life, as a practical matter, I couldn't care less. It was obvious that the whole stupid brace thing would eventually come to an end via regulatory fiat. (After all, far more insanely moronic rulings have been made over the years, including, but certainly not limited to, the bump-stock mental gymnastics that came to fruition under the yuuuuge Trump administration.)

Other than hard target searches for interesting transferable machine-pistols, I'm more or less done with stamp collecting for the moment. But, hell, if there is a scenario they're handing them out gratis ... teehee. Honk.

^ Pretty much this.

Though, philosophically, totally opposed to any additional .gov infringement, in any sphere of life, as a practical matter, I couldn't care less. It was obvious that the whole stupid brace thing would eventually come to an end via regulatory fiat. (After all, far more insanely moronic rulings have been made over the years, including, but certainly not limited to, the bump-stock mental gymnastics that came to fruition under the yuuuuge Trump administration.)

Other than hard target searches for interesting transferable machine-pistols, I'm more or less done with stamp collecting for the moment. But, hell, if there is a scenario they're handing them out gratis ... teehee. Honk.
An ADA compliant buttstock is still a buttstock .

I have three non stamped rifles left . One is in process now because I wanted to beat the rush. The others will get stamped if free stamps freely flow. My SIG pistols will get stamped, my Glocks will get stamped. Revolvers etc. Everything gets a buttstock. My pistols are all trans rifles yearning to be free and if those idiots do something so incredibly stupid as giving out free stamps to put braced pistols under the purview of the NFA as SBR's, cause thats the only way they can do it without a law, then its game on.

oWzvep.jpg

You're not wrong, but the Supremes didn't rule on the case, so it's not really had its final say... if the court decides to revisit the issue in another case, they could.

What I'm getting at is that it's not settled in the final sense.

Ask any progressive how likely it is that Sanctuary cities will end in our lifetimes & then tell me when those DACA 'kids' are going home :rolleyes:

Ask any progressive how likely it is that Sanctuary cities will end in our lifetimes & then tell me when those DACA 'kids' are going home :rolleyes:
Ask any conservative how likely it is that gay marriage or marijuana will be legalized in our lifetimes... oh wait... ;)

Look, you might be right. I'm just saying the issue isn't permanently settled. It may never be. But stranger things have happened... and even the Reason article you linked states, "Eventually, the Supreme Court will need to come to grips with one or more of them."

Most likely outcome: ATF declares most (if not all) pistol braces to be buttstocks by changing their assessments on existing braces, and maybe comes out with a bit more clear cut and much stricter definition of what is a brace and what is a stock. No tax waivers. No grandfathering.

Most likely outcome: ATF declares most (if not all) pistol braces to be buttstocks by changing their assessments on existing braces, and maybe comes out with a bit more clear cut and much stricter definition of what is a brace and what is a stock. No tax waivers. No grandfathering.

It doesn't matter what the ATF does to change their assessment, the industry will adapt to circumvent it. Just look at all the bastar dized changes that have happened to AR's in California. This will all come to a head, the supreme court has sat on their hands for too long because they seemingly did not want to give bad news to the death by a thousand cuts disarmament crowd.

No ones debating self defense or right to bear arms. As said that's a done deal, even thought seems to want to try and amend that. This conversation really got off track. Started with morals and then suddenly that turned to a debate and whatever, may have been my fault I was just trying to explain myself. So allow me to bring it back. I own several pistol braces to avoid the NFA SBR BS, now that's a series of acronyms for ya. It all branched from morals. Killing people is wrong whether you use a gun, rock, pistol brace or whatever. The reality behind it is, the firearm and whatever attachment/accessory etc was on it didn't kill anyone, triggers don't pull themselves. Magazine limiters haven't really changed anything have they? The strictest Gun control areas, have the highest gun related crimes. We all see this, we all know this, but how much longer until the "elites", see this.

Sometimes I respond to a single post and inadvertently bring up related issues from other posts so as to not to have to make multiple posts to individual posters.

Unfortunately, we are not all in agreement. People do not fully understand the law so while you think someone is saying A, they mean B, and some other guy hears C. Allow me to explain:

I believe, as the founders and framers explained, that the Declaration of Independence set forth the foundational principles that culminated in the Bill of Rights. As such, those Rights are unalienable. Others will argue that "no right is absolute." Those who follow that line of thought cave in and begin asking the government's permission for something they had an unalienable Right to do (or not do). If you choose to live in fear of the government; if you forfeit your unalienable Rights, then "rights" become privileges - and are defined as such in most legal dictionaries. Unalienable Rights were ruled to be above the law by the earliest courts. Unalienable is a synonym for absolute:

The earliest courts ruled on this:

"By the "absolute rights" of individuals is meant those which are so in their primary and strictest sense, such as would belong to their persons merely in a state of nature, and which every man is entitled to enjoy, whether out of society or in it. The rights of personal security, of personal liberty, and private property do not depend upon the Constitution for their existence. They existed before the Constitution was made, or the government was organized. These are what are termed the "absolute rights" of individuals, which belong to them independently of all government, and which all governments which derive their power from the consent of the governed were instituted to protect." People v. Berberrich (N. Y.) 20 Barb. 224, 229; McCartee v. Orphan Asylum Soc. (N. Y.) 9 Cow. 437, 511, 513, 18 Am. Dec. 516; People v. Toynbee (N. Y.) 2 Parker, Cr. R. 329, 369, 370 (quoting 1 Bl. Comm. 123) - {1855}​

"The absolute rights of individuals may be resolved into the right of personal security, the right of personal liberty, and the right to acquire and enjoy property. These rights are declared to be natural, inherent, and unalienable." Atchison & N. R. Co. v. Baty, 6 Neb. 37, 40, 29 Am. Rep. 356 (1877)

The United States Supreme Court, being the masters of wordsmithing took a synonym for unalienable and changed the meaning. So many times I end up arguing with people over the words inalienable and unalienable. Originally they were synonyms; however, in law, they are very different. Look at the way the courts define the word inalienable:

"Inalienable Rights which are not capable of being surrendered or transferred without the consent of the one possessing such rights" Morrison v. State, Mo. App., 252 S.W.2d 97, 101 (1952)

Can you see the difference? You can consent to give up an inalienable right in the eyes of the law. An unalienable Right, OTOH, is natural, inherent, and absolute. You have court holdings saying so. If you give up your unalienable Rights, you can never, ever, under any circumstances argue a Right to keep and bear Arms since you're admitting that you did not have an unalienable Right to begin with. The United States Supreme Court in Heller predicates their silly attempt to legislate from the bench by claiming no "right" is absolute. They base their decision off of the rulings regarding inalienable rights, skirting all the holdings on unalienable Rights. If you give up your pistol brace, bump stock, or whatever feature the feds conjure up to con you into agreeing with inalienable rights to the exclusion of unalienable Rights, you are saying the "right' is little more than a grant from the government. What government gives, government can take away. So, the whole argument boils down to whether you were "endowed by a Creator" OR the government gives you a privilege, calls it a right and you're happy with the subtleties of tyranny. If I had a feature on a firearm the government didn't like, I'd tell them to pound sand and IF you believe in unalienable Rights, you would do the same thing I would: Stand shoulder to shoulder with any American that rejects infringements on the Right. That means physically, financially, spiritually, and in real life.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads