JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then the nation would end up like the democratic party where 98% of them are criminals.
Pfffffttttttttt :D
That read actually nauseated me.

I gladly left NY in 2007 (as quickly as eff'in possible) with 21 handguns listed on my NYS pistol permit ...

Unbelievable? This looks like some kind of sick joke.
But it is not. So this is what "reasonable gun laws"
look like.

You have to also factor in their SAFE act of 2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NY_SAFE_Act

The NY SAFE Act includes the following provisions:[7]

• Bans possession of any "high-capacity magazines" regardless of when they were made or sold. The maximum capacity for all magazines is 10 rounds. .22 caliber tubular magazines are exempt from this limit. Previously legal "pre-1994-ban" magazines with a capacity of 30 rounds are not exempt, and must be sold within one year to an out-of-state resident or turned in to local authorities. The magazine limit took effect April 15, 2013.[8][9] Originally the law allowed only seven rounds to be loaded into a magazine, but this provision was struck down by a federal judge on December 21, 2013.[10]
  • Ammunition dealers are required to do background checks, similar to those for gun buyers. Dealers are required to report all sales, including amounts, to the state. Internet sales of ammunition are allowed, but the ammunition will have to be shipped to a licensed dealer in New York state for pickup. Ammunition background checks were scheduled to begin January 15, 2014,[11] but were put on hold indefinitely because the required "seamless" technology that would not inconvenience vendors or customers could not be put in place. The superintendent of state police, charged with creating such technology, is working on development, but a release date is still unknown.[12] So while out-of-state vendors are required to ship ammunition to a NYS licensed dealer, the buyer can still pick it up with no check of any kind required, or walk into any registered ammunition dealer (now required under the act to sell ammunition) and buy ammunition providing he/she is over 18.

• Requires creation of a registry of assault weapons. Those New Yorkers who already own such weapons would be required to register their guns with the state. Registration began on April 15, 2013 and must have been completed before April 15, 2014.[9]

• Requires designated mental health professionals who believe a mental health patient made a credible threat of harming others to report the threat to a mental health director, who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her.

• Stolen guns are required to be reported within 24 hours. Failure to report can result in a misdemeanor.

• Broadens definition of "assault weapon" from two identified features to one. The sale and/or transfer of newly defined assault weapons is banned within the state, although sales out of state are permitted. Possession of the newly defined assault weapons is allowed only if they were possessed at the time that the law was passed, and must be registered with the state within one year.

• Requires background checks for all gun sales, including by private sellers - except for sales to members of the seller's immediate family. Private sale background checks began March 15, 2013.[11]

• Guns must be "safely stored" from any household member who has been convicted of a felony or domestic violence crime, has been involuntarily committed, or is currently under an order of protection.[11] Unsafe storage of assault weapons is a misdemeanor.

• Mandates that all purchases of firearms go through a licensed firearm dealer(FFL), unless it is an exempted transfer between family members

• Increases sentences for gun crimes, including upgrading the offense for taking a gun on school property from a misdemeanor to a felony.[13]

• The state Penal Law section on aggravated murder was amended to increase penalties for murdering a first responder (the "Webster" provision) to life in prison without parole.[14]

• Limits the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly. However, existing permit holders have to opt into this provision by filing a form within 120 days of the law's enactment.[15] There also may exist issues with respect to "registered" owners in the new regulations vs "permit" holders under previous law.

• Requires pistol permit holders or owners of registered assault weapons to have them renewed at least every five years.

• Allows law enforcement officials to pre-emptively seize one's firearms without a warrant or court order when there is probable cause the individual is mentally unstable or intends to use the weapons to commit a crime.[16][17]

Yeah, but that's all just "reasonable, common sense" stuff...right? You would have to be some wacko gun nut not too want it everywhere in America, am I right? [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

A NYSAFE act neutered rifle under Gov. Cuomo. Probably doesn't go far enough for Bloomberg worshipers!
upload_2015-9-17_17-59-40.png

NY, along with CA and a number of other states have been scratched from our list of the places we will live or visit. Living in a pen with sheep is not my idea of living. My wife and I speak with our votes and our wallet. Carry on.

Last Edited:
If not born in the U.S, I must show a form of citizenship? What if you don't got one? I was a born citizen, but not in the U.S. Do they just go "oh its on your birth certificate" or do they just go "well its on there, but we need a separate document"? Knowing that they tend to make the full-blown retards look like geniuses, I'm assuming the latter.

If you are not working an "armed" profession or are a celebrity, there is little chance you'll legally carry in NYC.
The article described the process for simply owning a handgun in NYC. Actually being allowed to carry it is, as you say, basically impossible. Unless, of course, you are a member of Bloomberg's security detail for whom he has used his wealth and political influence to obtain the necessary permits. "Guns for me, but not for thee..."

It was easier to get a gun in the USSR when it was at the worst than to get one in NY..... of course unless you are a criminal, and then you just go down to the corner thug gun dealer and get one. Take away their body guards and their personal weapons and set them loose on the street and then watch them beg to have a firearm. Then tell them to go straight to hades. Let them reap what they sow.

If not born in the U.S, I must show a form of citizenship? What if you don't got one? I was a born citizen, but not in the U.S. Do they just go "oh its on your birth certificate" or do they just go "well its on there, but we need a separate document"? Knowing that they tend to make the full-blown retards look like geniuses, I'm assuming the latter.
You should have a "Born Abroad Certificate." That's pretty standard for most government agencies to request a birth certificate. Unless it's to vote for a Democrat, then they don't care where you are from.

You should have a "Born Abroad Certificate." That's pretty standard for most government agencies to request a birth certificate. Unless it's to vote for a Democrat, then they don't care where you are from.
I do have one, but why the hell should I have to show it? If they don't care where I'm from, they shouldn't bother asking for proof then.

Door to door mass confiscations is his ultimate goal.

Doubt it. Too confrontational, risky, and inefficient. Instead, they will make a law and have YOU voluntarily surrender your stuff by a certain deadline. Most law-abiding citizen will comply. Anyone else, after the deadline, is a felon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top