JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously, these people are out to take ALL of them away. If they get something pushed through, it will be enough for them to continue. I would say 10 years max and all the guns would be gone, along with whatever other types of right we may think we have now.

If you were found shooting an un-registered "banned" weapon with no S/N, that would pretty well be it for you I would imagine. End of story, off to prison you go.

This is just the way I see it panning out, if indeed anything does.

Interesting...I've not considered the effects a ban may have on 80% recievers. I'm quite sure that they would be deemed "illegal" as there would really be no way to prove when they were completed into a "firearm", since it was personally manufactured with no serial number. I'm pretty confident that they would have precedent to prosecute as well. My opinion is (IF there is a new legislative ban) in the future, that 80% recievers that have been completed would assume a similar fate as the "Pre '81 Auto Sears" that you find advertised for a few hundred dollars.

The question is, how would they know when it was made?

It's probably all about the lower receiver. Lower receivers are the only registered part on the AR rifle; so, as long as your lower receiver is pre-ban, it would be probably impossible to know when the rest of the components were constructed. Hence, why stocking up on lower receivers would have been a great idea. Wish I would have done so.

How can you answer a question about something that is not a law? Since NOBODY knows IF we will even have a new law NOBODY can say what will be in it.

In most cases "ban" items can not be made even if they are for your own use. Just like now new production of full auto items even for "personal" use is illegal. It would all depend on what the law says.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top