Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If AWB goes through will you still be able to make Ar 15s?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 2Wheels4Ever, Dec 29, 2012.

1. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Right now it is legal to make your own lower without a serial number as long as you do not sell it. Will that still be the case if this bubblegum goes through?

2. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Not if you would ever like it to see the light of day

3. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

The question is, how would they know when it was made?

4. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Seriously, these people are out to take ALL of them away. If they get something pushed through, it will be enough for them to continue. I would say 10 years max and all the guns would be gone, along with whatever other types of right we may think we have now.

If you were found shooting an un-registered "banned" weapon with no S/N, that would pretty well be it for you I would imagine. End of story, off to prison you go.

This is just the way I see it panning out, if indeed anything does.

5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Probably not prison cuz they are over crowded.

But there is plenty of room at the new "FEMA" camps.

6. OEDub

OEDub SW OR Coast Active Member

Interesting...I've not considered the effects a ban may have on 80% recievers. I'm quite sure that they would be deemed "illegal" as there would really be no way to prove when they were completed into a "firearm", since it was personally manufactured with no serial number. I'm pretty confident that they would have precedent to prosecute as well. My opinion is (IF there is a new legislative ban) in the future, that 80% recievers that have been completed would assume a similar fate as the "Pre '81 Auto Sears" that you find advertised for a few hundred dollars.

7. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

It's probably all about the lower receiver. Lower receivers are the only registered part on the AR rifle; so, as long as your lower receiver is pre-ban, it would be probably impossible to know when the rest of the components were constructed. Hence, why stocking up on lower receivers would have been a great idea. Wish I would have done so.

8. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

How can you answer a question about something that is not a law? Since NOBODY knows IF we will even have a new law NOBODY can say what will be in it.

In most cases "ban" items can not be made even if they are for your own use. Just like now new production of full auto items even for "personal" use is illegal. It would all depend on what the law says.