JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are bumpstocks available again? I am not confident the SCOTUS is going to back up the lower court bumpstock decision (s).

Edit: This denial to hear case was prior to the 6th Circuits decision but it might hint at the appetite the SCOTUS has for hearing a bumpstock case. I am guessing most of the robes have a unfavorable view of bumpstocks.

I thought it was overturned. I see them for sale (though out of stock) on some gun stores.

Prices will likely go up.

Manufactures will now have more bureaucratic nonsense to deal with, which means more time invested into each product, which means more overhead and cost to bear. It likely won't be a great amount, but it will be there. No good business person will just absorb that cost, it will get passed onto the consumer.

Then you will get all the boutique makers who will create special "matched" serial numbered uppers and lowers to sell to the people who buy these things as fashion statements.

I wonder how this would affect SBRs. Do both the upper and lower have to be manufactured on a form 1 and you now pay $400 for a single rifle?

I wonder how this would affect SBRs. Do both the upper and lower have to be manufactured on a form 1 and you now pay $400 for a single rifle?
Maybe. Maybe not. What I can definitely see happening is...

The ATF requiring previously legal unserialized uppers to now be serialized only to the lower that its on, otherwise you could have a mess where one has 5 uppers with identical serials ..

Im Not Sure But, the Attorney General signed ATF proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of "Frame or Receiver" and Identification of Firearms. The goal of the proposed rule is to ensure the proper marking, recordkeeping, and traceability of all firearms manufactured, imported, acquired and disposed by federal firearms licensees.

Yes, the price will go up because currently upper receivers are not guns with a serial number meaning any shop can build them without an FFL as they are just parts.

So now if it requires a serial number and a 4473 to buy this means in order for a company to produce said parts, they need to be an FFL manufacture and most are not. Same with bolt carriers and whatever else they want to put a serial number on that requires a 4473.

So Yes, the price will go up as many folks may not want to get an FFL and deal with this administration and the ATF, so they will just stop producing parts and then prices go up.

How to kill the 2A with just a few little rule changes...God I am glad this guy got voted in because the tweets from the last guy kept hurting my feelings.

Edit to add upper receiver

Last Edited:

Definition of Frame or Receiver and Identification of Firearms

section 1. New Definition of Firearm Frame or Receiver

It explains that many guns have two parts upper and lower that make up a gun so any new guns both parts need to have serial numbers. if it goes into effect.

Prices will likely go up.

Manufactures will now have more bureaucratic nonsense to deal with, which means more time invested into each product, which means more overhead and cost to bear. It likely won't be a great amount, but it will be there. No good business person will just absorb that cost, it will get passed onto the consumer.

Then you will get all the boutique makers who will create special "matched" serial numbered uppers and lowers to sell to the people who buy these things as fashion statements.

Probably right on the sbr's, Like I said any and every way to fuc_k us over and suck out our money. Take from the haves and give it to the have nots to secure votes…

Tinfoil hat time.

With all the chatter about this topic and adding things under NFA, could their goal be to serialize every component they can think of, sweep it all under the NFA then charge $200 for every component? Could be quite the windfall for them...
The tin hat is on the heads of the leftist hoplophobes. Their lives of craven desire for power are lived in abject fear. You ever see even one of them that it would be good to have a beer with? Not a single one. Dessicated souls.

The tin hat is on the heads of the leftist hoplophobes. Their lives of craven desire for power are lived in abject fear. You ever see even one of them that it would be good to have a beer with? Not a single one. Dessicated souls.
Kudos to you for fighting with valor against the horrible disease cancer!

"IF" - the largest word in the English language. The proposal is absolutely unworkable. Does not stop them from trying. An AR would then be two firearms, did these regulatory idiots consider that. Sadly, they probably did.

If I buy a new rifle w/both upper and lower, will I have to pay for TWO background checks???
Double the oppression, double the fun!

A couple years ago I bought four Aero lowers [Two AR15, two AR10] for builds as I didn't know what calibers I would want in the future. Happy with the 5.56, 6.5 Grendel and .308 Aero based rifles I already have, just not sure what else I'd want. Hmmm

So the question is, do I buy about 10 uppers now when I don't really "need" to. I'm going to error on the side of not, but I'm really hoping I'm not kicking myself later

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top