JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IDPA is a competition. Its a international competition based on defensive guns and gear. You are timed and scored so it is a competition. In any competition you will have people that are there to win. I am one of those, I shoot IDPA to place as high as I can over all the other shooters. All competitions need rules to make it fair to all the competitors.

If you hate IDPA rules then don't shoot IDPA. IDPA is NOT defensive handgun training, it is NOT defensive handgun practice, it IS defensive handgun competition. You can use IDPA matches as practice for your gun handling skills. But you still have to follow the rules, if you don't then you will get penalties. If you are truly there only to practice then you won't care about the penalties. I know several shooters that do exactly that, they shoot IDPA for practice and take all the penalties. They don't wear a cover garment or they will reload anywhere, anytime they want. They know that with all the penalties added up they will be at the bottom of the score list but they don't care because they are there just to practice not to compete.

Damon Mon Wai
www.youtube/dmonwai

What chapters of the IDPA is the Clark/Cowlitz county area or is there any? When is the next tournament?

The closest IDPA matches to you are probably the match at TCC near Portland or the one at the Firearms Academy of Seattle in Onalaska. FAS is having a match March 9th and then every 2nd Saturday of each month.

Damon

@Quiet -

I'd give you the Tri-County IDPA web link, but someone forgot to pay GoDaddy and it's down at the moment.
fixed: Sherwood IDPA - Tri County Gun Club

For planning purposes -
Sun Feb 9, 8am for new shooter briefing.

In general 2nd Sunday's
and some 5th Saturdays

I believe there is IDPA at Paul Bunyan - near Puyallup
Their web site shows Feb 22 as a match day.
Paul Bunyan Rifle & Sportsman's Club Home Page

I posted a thank you on another thread but I wanted to make sure you guys knew I appreciated the responses. I did decide to join the IDPA and am looking forward to having some fun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top