JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bailed out early too. Didn't want to wait forever to shoot the dark house stage. I left at 4:15 after waiting awhile and my squad finally completed the match at 6:00. So glad I didn't hang around.
I am wondering if part of the problem is squads jumping ahead when their next stage is backed up, and instead of waiting they move ahead and come back.

You know it was a good party when someone has to goto the hospital -- they took a shotgun to the lip -- and were able to return to the match.

81 registered shooters.
He didn't come back and shoot the match did he? I think that stage is dangerous and am surprised more people haven't been hurt at it. I think it's one that should be removed next year.

He didn't come back and shoot the match did he? I think that stage is dangerous and am surprised more people haven't been hurt at it. I think it's one that should be removed next year.

I recently stepped down as one of the club's RSO's (current work schedule made it too difficult to continue), but if you feel that a particular stage in ANY match held at TCGC has/had a safety issue(s), please contact TCGC SRSO Brett D. Matthews with your concerns. He takes safety very seriously and is always looking for feedback from members. All of us have a responsibility to be hyper vigilant with regards to firearm safety in general, and within the club in particular….

He was back by the end, as he was not on my squad, I don't know if he shot or not. We were all stacked up at the "night house" bay 4 at the time.
He was on my squad and was not back when I left. He seemed rattled when he left to go to the hospital so I would be surprised if he shot. But glad he was okay.

I recently stepped down as one of the club's RSO's (current work schedule made it too difficult to continue), but if you feel that a particular stage in ANY match held at TCGC has/had a safety issue(s), please contact TCGC SRSO Brett D. Matthews with your concerns. He takes safety very seriously and is always looking for feedback from members. All of us have a responsibility to be hyper vigilant with regards to firearm safety in general, and within the club in particular….
I think I'll talk to Shaun about it. I don't want to feel like I'm going over his head or ratting him out.

I think the shotty stage is such that not many are familiar with the weapon.

I didn't feel it was "unsafe" - had to be cautious, definitely.

When Shaun picked it up, his remark kind of changed the name of the stage

"Oh bubblegum!, there's no stock!"

F%2Fcdn.athlonoutdoors.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2018%2F05%2FMossberg-Shockwave-2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top