JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where do you load and unload magazines in IDPA?

Can you insert another magazine (empty or full) after unload and show clear?

How are completely new (never shot IDPA before, plus I'm very slow) people handled?

1. You may handle magazines and ammunition anywhere except at the safety table. You may not have any ammunition or loaded magazines at the safety table.

2. Absolutly not. Your firearm shall have no magazine, empty or full, unless specifically instructed to do so by the stage SO (Safety Officer) At all other times the firearm shall be holstered and unloaded and no magazine. The only other time you may handle your firearm is at the safety table.

3. There is a new shooter briefing before every match where a summary of the rules are covered and Q&A. It is expected that new shooters will have read the rule book, available online at International Defensive Pistol Association, and have the correct equipment and clothing (cover garment) per the rules. The priority is safety, above all else, so going slow is fine. You should be familiar with your firearm and equipment, know how to reload and draw from a holster safely. Speed and accuracy will come with time, but safety is first. New shooters are teamed with regulars and the SO's will give you the attention you need to compete safely and provide guidence as required. Take your time and enjoy.

There are also range rules specific to TCGC that need to be adhered too, which are not covered in the IDPA rule book.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

What time does the new shooter briefing happening? Also, can I just show up, or do I need to email/call someone in advance to let them know I plan on participating?

Also, how much does it cost? And how many rounds/magazines do you take?

From the Match Director (MD)...

The stages are completed and we are a go for May 5th. The round count is about 89 rounds with six stages (bring more just in case). Make sure you’re watching the weather to dress appropriately. Make sure you bring something to hydrate yourself if it’s sunny.

If you haven’t preregistered, I’d suggest you do so. Match fee is $15. If you are not a member and need a gate code, please contact MD.

0730 SO meeting to review

0800 Setup

0900 New shooter briefing

0930 Registration

1000 Start

Any questions please contact MD.

See you there!

Message: 971.209.2121 | [email protected] | Welcome to Tri-County Gun Club

We set up in the action range. Briefing is usually at bay 10, look for an unruly crowd. You are welcome to come earlier and help with the setup :)
See you there.

Is there an IDPA match in June? One of the earlier posts mentioned preregistering. If I want to compete, do I need to preregister? Do you always have to preregister to ? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Also, do I have to be an IDPA member to compete?

There is no IDPA match at Tri-Co in June. The GSSF (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation?) is holding there yearly event the 1st weekend of June at the action bays @ Tri-Co. If you need more info contact Shaun at the link above in the #9 post. I don't believe you have to preregister but it sure helps Shaun to know the #'s ahead of time. The matches are becoming extremely popular with 59 shooters last Sat. You may shoot one match without being a member of the IDPA (according to the rulebook) but then you need to join if you want to continue to compete. Shaun and his SO's do an awesome job and we owe him a round of applause!.........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top