JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It caught me off guard. Purely evil genius. I laughed pretty good while wiping the water off the phone.

Find a way to avoid all coworkers. Trust me. I've been through enough crap to have learned my lesson. Even those you think are close will turn on you at work. Coworkers in my eyes are not friends. They are coworkers and nothing more. I keep my mouth shut, do my job, then go home. It took me a while to get to this point trust me. Since getting here work life is much better
But what if they threaten your Swingline stapler?

Plant some weed on him!
Then snitch him out.

Yeah it sucks putting up with those people. I work with alot of outsiders and I hate going to portland and having to listen to the reguritated anal seepage that these liberals spew.
Every once in a while I see the gov. And want so bad to tell him how I feel, but don't want to get fired.

I have seen/heard similar from co workers in my past, and I can only recommend ignoring him if he is not above you in your chain of command.

In my experience no long term good can come of shaming him or using logic and facts to try and show him he is wrong.

It sounds like he is not interrupting your break time to have an education in reality.

He sounds like he is lonely and oblivious to the fact that his thoughts and bogus opinions about self defense irritate you all.

If you have to speak with him, try to only talk about work related things and try to steer all conversations he wants to have back to business.

My rule is to never talk about politics, firearms, religion or such sensitive or controversial topics at work.

One of my first jobs out of college I worked in a group at a tech company where the hash was slung pretty freely during discussions. One of the topics for discussion was religion. As it turned out, one of the people in the group who rarely got involved in the discussion was a member of a particular religion who took offense at what was discussed but never confronted anyone over this fact.

This person had the ear of the founders of the company, being very popular with them. Several times he tried to get various people he didn't like fired, including myself - but never did it to our face. I found out about this when my boss told me this guy was gunning for me and to be careful to not give him any ammunition.

I quit before he was able to follow through.

Another job I worked at, the two people who periodically talked about firearms on the job were the first two people to get laid off. How the company handle their layoff was very screwy too - like they expected them to go postal.

IMO, life is too short to deal with idiots. So I ignore them if I can, if I can't I walk away from them - literally or figuratively. If that means I have to find another job, then I do. OTOH, if I can find them another job to where I don't have to deal with them anymore, then that is fine too. Whatever works.

So true Heretic...

I've been working for the same agency for 8 years now. Despite several promotions and my intentional movement from team to team, a despicably horrible troll with ZERO leadership skills kept getting reassigned as my immediate supervisor - three times! I finally had enough of that socially stunted thug, and applied for a new job in a different department where she will never go.

It's a subtantial cut in pay for me, but not enough to hurt. The benefits? Better sleep, better dreams, better attendance, improved health and a happier disposition - noticed by everyone. So it's not always just about the money. In retrospect, I should've made this move 7 years ago. But sometimes we have to become completely fed up to truly appreciate the relief that comes with major change.

Last Edited:
2 worrisome comments;

1. "a smoking hot new hire".

If she's not worth hanging around for, why are you still there?

2. "I want to punch him every time I see him".

I don't think I have ever stayed around someone long enough to dislike them THAT much. I can't compute.

3. "he is also the HBDIC's favorite".

If so, you will probably NEVER accept or respect her, and she the same.......so, decide what you REALLY want to do with your life, and move towards that direction.

You CAN make a change!

2 worrisome comments;

1. "a smoking hot new hire".

If she's not worth hanging around for, why are you still there?

2. "I want to punch him every time I see him".

I don't think I have ever stayed around someone long enough to dislike them THAT much. I can't compute.

3. "he is also the HBDIC's favorite".

If so, you will probably NEVER accept or respect her, and she the same.......so, decide what you REALLY want to do with your life, and move towards that direction.

You CAN make a change!

Which two are worrisome?
Actually all three are completely normal thoughts for a heterosexual male faced with his work environment.

I now have a job I don't care about or need very much, so I engage in political/social discussion at times and have had one problem in 6 years at the same job.
Jerk threatened to tell mgt, if I didn't stop discussing politics!
Nearly came to blows I got all red in the face and shouted, he backed down and narcs me out later.
Told mgt EVERYTHING from the weather to the gas price to ANY current event is politics and if HE doesn't like my opinion HE shouldn't verbally engage.
They made it so I didn't have to work with him again. A small victory for a small job.
Back when I worked this job that paid well and I really needed at the time I treated it like working at a mine, I was there to extract the gold each day and go home. Stayed away from too much controversy and collected my pay each week.
The question you gotta ask yourself is,.......What kinda job do you have?

My job is to prosthelytize and debate everything under the sun. not
This ^^

I am not being paid for that. I have never had anyone offer to pay me for that. It has not come up in interviews as something that they are looking for as a skill.

If it upsets someone, makes them uncomfortable to work with me, and so on, then I generally am disrupting the work environment.

Of course, some people can take that concept too far - they may not like working with the opposite gender, someone of a different ethnicity or religion - in that case, they would need to find another job - or if the management lets them continue, I need to find another job since the management has their cranium stuck way up their anal orifice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top