JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
But her cell phone stops the bullet...

Link to original...

OHIO (KFSN) -- It wasn't a bible-- but a Blackberry that an Ohio woman says saved her life from a bullet.

Police say the 22-year old woman was sitting at a restaurant -- while her boyfriend was playing with his handgun.

When he tried to put the gun in his coat -- it went off, shooting his girlfriend in the leg.

Luckily, she had her blackberry in her pocket -- which stopped the bullet.

She was left with a pair of torn jeans, and a busted phone -- but police say she was lucky to escape with her life.

"Very lucky for her is that in her pants pocket, or jeans pocket, she had her Blackberry. And the Blackberry stopped the bullet," said Capt. Carl Bush, Ohio Police Dept.

The woman escaped danger but her boyfriend is in trouble.

He faces a third-degree felony for bringing a gun into a place that serves liquor.

I wonder what caliber the gun was; blackberries are fine phones, but I didn't think they were that strong...

That being said- why are idiots allowed guns?... :confused:

I'm tired of people like this giving gun owners a bad name. Show some respect for these powerful tools, people!

That said, I am curious of caliber as well. I could see it stopping a .22LR but not much else.

Unfortunately in this country its hard to regulate morons. Also unfortunate is that there is the same proportion of morons among the gun owners in this country as in other groups. Try to regulate the morons and you end up regulating everyone. And you know how well we react to regulation. It then becomes up to us to regulate our own.

"He faces a third-degree felony for bringing a gun into a place that serves liquor. "

What if he had a CHL license? I did not know of any law about bringing in a gun into a place that serves alcohol.

"He faces a third-degree felony for bringing a gun into a place that serves liquor. "

What if he had a CHL license? I did not know of any law about bringing in a gun into a place that serves alcohol.

Ohio has its own set of laws regarding firearms. In oregon you are fine, not recommended by most. But if i am not drinking i have it with me.

That being said- why are idiots allowed guns?...

Same reason they can breed.

You beat me to it. I say they should give an IQ test before you can breed.
This guy was an idiot and it's lucky that he only had what must have been a 22 or a 25.
Probably lost his gun and his girl friend.
With that felony he probably wont be able to have another gun, and lucky for us the felony will make one less moron that can vote.

Idiot is the operative word here. What he was doing in a restaurant, playing with his handgun, is proof enough that some folks just don't get it -- and likely never will. Worst of all, of course, is the fact that a bonehead stunt like this reflects poorly on all of us.

From the look of the phone it looked like it was a 22lr. She's lucky it wasn't a 45.

I saw this on the news and couldn't believe he was that stupid. When it first came out they just said it was an accident. I told my fiance, that guy was playing with it. Guns don't just go off, unless your finger is ont he trigger.

Accidents happen. By that I mean his mother should have swallowed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top