JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Woman shot by oven while trying to cook waffles - U.S. News

So I can't imaging why a person would keep his pistol in a drawer, but the mag in the oven. Guest preheated the oven to make some waffles and Kaboom.

Funny thing is if you read the article the writer states that "Gun and ammunition references indicate that Glock bullets can explode at temperatures as low as 280 degrees — or even lower if they've been exposed to heat for a long time, which can degrades the structure." I didn't know Glock made bullets.:s0114:

Cooked off rounds generally don't go anywhere as there is no chamber or barrel to contain and direct the bullet.

I would be flat amazed a cooked off .45ACP round (even if it is of Glock manufacture LOL) could muster the directional energy to even break the heavy glass in an Oven door and no way to make it through the two+ layers of steel and glass wool insulation.

Like the guy that used a .22 round as a fuse in his pickup, round heated up, discharged and shot one of his testicles. You can't fix stupid

Actually a bullet through that guy's balls is fixing stupid...or at least a good start. ;)

This guy wasn't charged because he had a concealed permit? I don't understand that part. What does a CHP have to do with storing rounds in the oven?

:huh:There is no mention of Glock made ammunition or 45 GAP.

Interesting, I just reread the article, and you are right. It doesn't say "Glock bullets," but when I posted, the quote was click and pasted over. So the original article must've been corrected.

Originally, it said, "Gun and ammunition references indicate that Glock bullets can explode at temperatures as low as 280 degrees — or even lower if they've been exposed to heat for a long time, which can degrades the structure."

I almost missed out on contributing to the gene pool as a child. When I was 9 years old my friend went into the work room in his basement. We found that amongst various screws in a can, there were .22's in there too.

We thought long and hard on what to do with our new found discovery, and like the upstanding 9 and 8 year olds we were at the time, decided the best thing to do would be to take one of the bullets and start hitting the casing with a hammer. Sure enough after about the 10th hit, the bullet shot off and ricocheted around the room, somehow not hitting one of us.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top