JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may want to sign up for a monitoring service like LifeLock for a couple months just to keep an eye on things (new account applications, credit scores, etc.). I think they have a 30-day free trial and a discount for NRA members.

The CEO of lifelock got his identity stolen 13 times.

The company was also fined 12 million for deceptive advertising.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is why I use a credit card instead of a debit card. My liability is usually $50 at most with a credit card, but with debit cards, the bank isn't usually required to do anything about it, though that may have changed more recently. Last I checked was about 6-8 years ago.

elsie

hmmm, I might have to stop in my bank tomorrow and ask them what their stand is on a situation involving the use and then being frauded with their issued Debit Card, and then ask for it on paper with the branch manager signing it, and then pay the $5, if they charge it, for another clerk to witness and get a notary to stamp on it as well. Why, now that this was mentioned, and a guy thinks about it, well, you have X times the amount of months of bills saved up in case of a emergency, and some dirt ball does this too you, and then you go to the bank, and they say there is nothing they can do about it. :rolleyes:
I would hate to loose my temper and make a scene, let alone yell loud enough and spend a night in the pokey. Thanks for the heads up!!! OP

The CEO of lifelock got his identity stolen 13 times.

The company was also fined 12 million for deceptive advertising.

Not saying you're wrong, or anything, but can you back that up with proof? Just stating something like that without sharing the evidence makes it more difficult to trust.

Well, I have to give an A+ to Wells Fargo bank for processing our fraud claim in a timely manner. We were made whole in 4 business days. All money refunded, all NSF and other fees waived, and a replacement debit card issued to my wife. And the Newberg police dept is actively pursuing the matter also, there are enough victims besides ourselves that they have assigned a detective to the case. An officer came by my wifes work and had her print out copies of our bank statements for evidence, and spoke to her at length about what was being done. He specifically requested that we not make a big deal about posting the name of the restaraunt on facebook or the internet until they are ready to file charges and make arrests. I found out that the Newberg PD actually has a computer crime forensics department that other agencies, including the Portland PD, contract work out to. Looks like the criminals picked the wrong town to pull this sort of BS in!

I have about 30+ illegals currently using my ssn. Haven't been hit financially, but I feel your pain. It's very hard for me too get a credit card or open bank accounts.

If you owe child support (by any off chance) make sure all their wages are garnished.

I know a guy who's ID was stolen and he made sure the State went after the bastards for their fair share of child support (and they did). LOL

I lost my Mastercard Saturday night (didn't know until this AM). Luckily some sharp guy at ProSoccer.com saw that an online purchaser was trying to ship to Nevada on the card and called me. He/she also headed to LL Bean and some expensive cosmetics place.

3-4 $300 purchases; all worked out, card canceled.

Sad that if you drop a card the odds of it being picked up by someone honest and turned in is about 1% nowadays but that's life, dealt with the best I can.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top