JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend brought some inherited guns to me and I cannot fully identify this one. It's a S&W single shot and says on it "22 long rifle ctg". It breaks sideways and the only numbers I can find on it are 3 digit and appear on the butt of the stock, and 2 places inside. All the same number.

Looks to be 95% like new.

What can you tell me about it? Value?

Butch

got a picture???

Had pics already and forgot to include them. Not great picks but they're what I was able to grab at the moment.

S&W_singlectg-2.jpg

Smith and Wesson "22 straight line" mfg 1925-1936 total of 1870 produced.

modern gun values book 15th edition:
should have a metal green felt lined case it came in originally.
exc. cond. $1200/$1600 with case.
v-good cond. 850/1100
good cond. 500/700

Blue book 29th edition: 98%$2950- 10% $300 I would get a determination on condition to be exact on value.

looking at your pics it seems to be at least 90% which should be $1975 with case and subtract 30% for no case, but like I said have someone grade it. With the economy it may be lower values.

Last Edited:
Smith and Wesson "22 straight line" mfg 1925-1936 total of 1870 produced.

modern gun values book 15th edition:
should have a metal green felt lined case it came in originally.
exc. cond. $1200/$1600 with case.
v-good cond. 850/1100
good cond. 500/700

Blue book 29th edition: 98%$2950- 10% $300 I would get a determination on condition to be exact on value.

looking at your pics it seems to be at least 90% which should be $1975 with case and subtract 30% for no case, but like I said have someone grade it. With the economy it may be lower values.

Very Nice!

My friend was pretty glad to hear that at least this gun has some value. Half of what he inherited is rusted and missing parts. There are a couple of nice rifles though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top