JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone help identify this antique gun?

3c280c5ba0043b2c0.jpg 51b52e6b6a8c97851.jpg 64480d6b1c739f724.jpg d2a523de32ffb6462.jpg df04d792f52348973.jpg

If I were forced to take a guess-----Line Throwing Gun. I can't find a match, but the
general configuration is similar to Sharps/Martini/Trapdoor based throwing guns.

Some guns of this type were used in the hunting of seal and even whale.
The stock profile has a Eastern US look about it and if forced to guess an age date..I'd say the 1850's or '60's....
Just got back from rendezvous...when I ain't so tired , I'll take a look at some books , see if I can add to the confusion...:D
Andy

The "two little notches in the foregrip"... Could be :
The lock plate mortice cut..just the styling for the back action lock the rifle is using...
Or
The ramrod entry in the stock...
Depending on just what you mean by "two little notches"...
Andy

The "two little notches in the foregrip"... Could be :
The lock plate mortice cut..just the styling for the back action lock the rifle is using...
Or
The ramrod entry in the stock...
Depending on just what you mean by "two little notches"...
Andy
Yea I think ur right as I look closer they seem to be just part of design and the one photo show metal there so it's not a hole.

With such a short foregrip it reminded me of blunderbuss swivel mount (deck gun might be proper name for those blunderbuss ones?). That's what got me thinking of swivel mount. But those blunderbuss ones had a big hole in the foregrip there and a bolt going though it. So the swivel mount thinking is probably off track.

0DFA8932-40A4-46D9-A4D0-BD3BF9443FFA.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews