JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out Cabela's. They have a couple different wall safes. One is a mirror with wall insert behind to hide a rifle/shotgun and the other is a clock that mounts into the wall that you can hide a handgun behind. Awesome.

of course you could be a thief and looking for place too.

you can put one in the kitchen. use cereal box. coffeee can.

linen closets. under/in some folded towels.

hollow out a book

I watched that show, "It takes a Thief" on the Discovery channel and learned a lot about how easily it is to get into a house and take everything in 10 minutes. I now hide things much better.

Put a pistol in a ziploc bag, and hide it in the toliet tank!!:s0155:

For crying out loud! Next thing you know, someone will mention "keestering" one prison style. Nobody will ever find it there! I'm with CastleFox, just keep one on you while you are around the house. Then it's always within your reach and you don't have to stash a pistol in every room in your house. Much cheaper that way...... :s0155:

Wow, lots of great ideas here. I'm going to be scratching my head about this because several ideas are great.

As far as always carrying, I want guns my wife can grab too if I'm not home. I'd never talk her into always carrying...

Thanks!

You should fill it with rusty pipes and "Dear Dirtbag" letter and screw it to the most visible wall with drywall screws. They will rip it off, haul it away, and open it later. Score!

Mark, you are TERRIBLE!!! and I like it a LOT!!! Now THAT is poetic justice.

I know some guys that have mounted a 1x1" section of 2X4 with a piece of dowel rod projecting from it on the underside of their bathroom counters, kitchen counters, and coffee tables. The dowel goes down the barrel of handgun. The guy doesn't have kids coming over to his house, so it works for him. I would be concerned about the wood on metal contact and humidity.

Just curious... your location says Sandy - are you inside Sandy city-limits (Sandy PD) or outside their jurisdiction and in Clackamas County Sheriffs control?

Sandy PD doesn't have THAT much ground to cover I think 6 hours is an awful response time... but ClackCo has a much larger area to cover and I could see a home alarm being a lower priority...

About 6 miles outside city limits, the Clackamas County Sheriff responded both times. I got a call at work (about 30 min away) from ADT that my alarm went off and I get to be the first responder. There are only two patrol cars between Sandy and Government Camp.

Depends if you have kids or not. I live in the sticks too and have several located in our house just for the same reason. Since my kids are growen and out on their own I don't have that worry. I keep one in the living room next to where I sit in a make up box of my wifes. Anyone seeing it would think she was too lazy to put her make up away. One in the desk in my office room, one in the night stand in the bedroom, and one in a upper cabinet in the kitchen. All are .45 autos. If I am gone from the home for a vacation, or kids are visiting. I relocate them to a secure area and go to a small CC revolver.

You should fill it with rusty pipes and "Dear Dirtbag" letter and screw it to the most visible wall with drywall screws. They will rip it off, haul it away, and open it later. Score!

Mark, you are TERRIBLE!!! and I like it a LOT!!! Now THAT is poetic justice.

Sorry, you are right. I feel bad now for that misguided thought. :(

Do you happen to have a live grenade? :p

It's impossible to know the insights of a burglar-in-a-hurry, but I think that they will overlook the most obvious things in plain sight and continue to seek what is "hidden".

I kept my phone on top of the phone books on a "telephone stand". Of course, the thick yellow-pages book had been hollowed out and held a full-size pistol that was easy to grab. Would a burglar just pass that by?

In the bathroom, would a burglar bend down to lift a common bathroom scale? I had a junker scale that I opened and removed the guts from. It held a big pistol and the top would flip open easily, but nobody would know that unless they bent down to lift up the scale.

Regarding cheap gun safes: I bought a super cheap sheet metal gun cabinet "safe" from BiMart for eighty bucks, the kind that you bolt into the studs in the end of a closet. The thing was sound enough, but there was no prohibition against REINFORCING it with a row of small bolts and washers for the hinge inside, and secure hasps and huge padlocks on the outside! It simply could NOT be pried out of the closet end without dismantling the walls of the house, and would take a lot of time and noise to cut open. A sensible burglar would not even bother.

Alas, I fear that burglars probably view the Cabela's catalog for hideout products! I hope that they don't view THIS website!..........................elsullo :huh:

Some truly great ideas here - most I never thought of. Thanks again. :)

Reading all of this reminds me why I don't have an 870 short shotgun. While they are great weapons in the hand, it would look pretty silly with both ends sticking out of a hollowed out phone book. :D

Attach them to the underside of tables, furniture, or anything that is readily accessible.
Or attach a cheap one-model-fits-all nylon holster on each floor somewhere, then fill them.

I have used the overhead nail method. In the rooms that have a closest put a 10p or 16 penny nail on the inside of the closet above the door into the header. Hang the gun by the trigger guard. Works for those tall enough.
You could put it beside the door if the closet is wide enough. Over the door is likely to be checked. Or hang it with the clothes from a colored hanger.

several "clock" style wall safes
<broken link removed>

for small calibur pistols,
under a coat on a coat rack, cereal box, a collector box set of vhs movies. taped to the top of ceiling fan blades (if you can reach them) inside boots, inside a hollowed out stuffed animal with a velcro back, in a zip lock bag in the kitty litter.

if your really serious, you can pull back some carpet along the edge of a wall, cut out fome of the subfloor and put a small box, coffee can or anything to hold a gun under the floor. you may want to mount the box/can from the crawlspace so you can keep the hole in the floor as small as needed for the gun in your hand. place a small piece of 1/8 inch plywood over the hole with thumb holes drilled in it. the plywood will offer some support for the carpet over the hole.

there is always the old hole in the wall under a poster or a crappy picture and frame. sooo many ideas, just look around

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top