JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, just looking for some ideas here. We have a multi-story house which makes me uncomfortable as far as getting to a gun. We live in the sticks and I want to be able to grab a piece if it ever comes to that.

I need to be able to hide at least 3 weapons to keep from being cut off from a weapon if someone were to suddenly kick a door in. (Yes we have steel doors, and dead bolts with long screws into the studs.)

If anyone is willing to share, I'd appreciate some ideas. Is the old trick of putting one just inside a closet over the door so common it's no longer a "secret?"

I want to make it as hard as possible for a burglar to find a gun, but still be able to reach one if I need it. Right now I sleep with one under my pillow. (Genius here, lmao.) I'm looking for a couple of good places to stash around the house permanently, more or less.

Thanks for any ideas. :s0155:

Only one gun needed if you carry it all the time.

pgroup_7001_image_400x600__shadow.jpg

I would strongly recommend getting away from the under the pillow method, but it seems like you already agree with this one.

I have a dresser nearby my bed and I keep one in the drawer with a magnetic child lock on it

If someone broke into my house when I wasn't there, the lock wouldn't keep someone from finding the locked drawer, breaking it open, and stealing the gun, but it keeps it out of the kiddos hands. Also, without knowing why the drawer won't open, the only alternative is to get a pry bar and force it open. I know where the magnet is stuck that will QUICKLY open it.

I also keep one on top of the refridgerator in a holster. Under tables is a great idea for people who will NEVER have kids over.

I have 2 of these mounted in my home. These are the type of safe that keep honest people honest not a true safe like my National Security. Keeps a firearm accessible in a couple of remote locations and no worries about the kids.

They happen to be on sale right now at Big 5.

I have used the overhead nail method. In the rooms that have a closest put a 10p or 16 penny nail on the inside of the closet above the door into the header. Hang the gun by the trigger guard. Works for those tall enough.

This is great information but just hope the bad guys aren't reading it too.:eek:

I remember when the Big O did an article about house break-ins. It was so informative that it almost seemed like an Everyman's Guide To Breaking and Entering(i.e. the days when people are most likely to not be at home: Wednesday and Friday.

You could get a couple of these:
http://www.quickdrawgunmagnets.com/

and put them wherever you want; back of the closet, behind an end table, under the coffee table, just remember where you put them all. :)

or you could put a hole in the wall, and build a little shelf in the recess for your gun and then just hang a Goodwill painting or something in front of it and either throw it to the side or punch through it to get your weapon.

Good Luck, may you never need to punch through the painting of the sad clown to get your piece.

Above the doorway inside your closet, clicked into one of our stands! We've had a number of folks purchase our wall mounts to use in the bedroom, bolted to the bedframe, closet wall behind clothes, on top of the bedroom doorway, under desks, etc. There are so many possibilities it's astounding!

If you'd like us to work something up for you, please feel free to PM, email or give me a call! Mike

Who are you? Shaft?:s0114:

What can I say, I'm not the one looking for advice on hiding guns all over the house. :)

I'm an Idea man, Not neccessarily a good idea man.

Not that it's something to take lightly, but could you imagine the look on a BG's face when you punch through a picture of a sad clown and start blasting away with a .357

With this and the AR15 Lamp, I think we might be writing a SNL skit, worth watching.:s0114:

That reminds me of a sketch with Fred Savage and Phil Hartman where the little boy keeps finding his Christmas present and Phil says something along the lines of "I can't understand how he keeps finding his presents, we hide them in the closet next to my loaded guns and nudie magazines."

I keep several around the house under counters and tables on little shelves I made. My favorite hiding place in the master bath under a box of my wife's tampons, no guy would touch those.

I also have a cheap sheet metal safe in the master bedroom that doesn't have anything in it. The couple times I was robbed they seemed to go straight for the bedroom and went thru all the drawers. I figure they will waste a bunch of time prying open the old gun case as opposed to looking for my guns.

I have an alarm, it worked, they called the police, they got there in about 6 hours, I assume it's a low priority. So keep that in mind when hiding the guns, make sure it's not an obvious place like the bed stand drawer.

they called the police, they got there in about 6 hours, I assume it's a low priority.

Just curious... your location says Sandy - are you inside Sandy city-limits (Sandy PD) or outside their jurisdiction and in Clackamas County Sheriffs control?

Sandy PD doesn't have THAT much ground to cover I think 6 hours is an awful response time... but ClackCo has a much larger area to cover and I could see a home alarm being a lower priority...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top