JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking this is a fast-handling and short range gun and maybe likely within heavy cover and brush. Not thinking to spend more than $350 for the scope. I want to keep the weight down. The rifle weighs about 6 pounds. Thanks...

Look towards a 1-4 power or a 1-6.
That's what I'd use on something like that or on a lever rifle.

A Vortex or may be able to find a Leupold in that price range?

Scout Scope mount with a pistol scope that has long eye relief.

Unfortunately the mount adds more expense, but IMO it is worth it.

Also unfortunate is the fact that most pistol scopes of variable power start with 2X magnification. Not sure why Burris/Leupold/etc. can't manufacture a pistol scope that starts at 1X or 1.5X, but while they make LPVO with less eye relief for rifles, they do not for pistols. That said, I like my Burris 2-7X pistol scope on any rifle I mount it on.

YMMV but that has been my choice of scopes for most of my rifles. Only when I want to shoot more than 500 yards or with some rimfires or sometimes wanting high precision would I chose a pure rifle scope with more magnification.

Here you go...

Vortex has a lifetime, transferable, no questions asked warranty. If you don't like it after you buy it they will exchange it for another model with full credit. I bought a used Crossfire that turned out to be broken. They exchanged it for a new one free of charge. When I decided I didn't like that model they offered to upgrade me to a Viper 6.5-20x50 for $150.00. That's going from a $350 scope to a $700 scope for $150.00. Yeah, I like Vortex optics.

Here you go...

Vortex has a lifetime, transferable, no questions asked warranty. If you don't like it after you buy it they will exchange it for another model with full credit. I bought a used Crossfire that turned out to be broken. They exchanged it for a new one free of charge. When I decided I didn't like that model they offered to upgrade me to a Viper 6.5-20x50 for $150.00. That's going from a $350 scope to a $700 scope for $150.00. Yeah, I like Vortex optics.
I'll second the Vortex Crossfire, I have one on my 243 youth model. It's the handiest rifle I've ever owned.
One other thing I'll suggest is getting a bigger bolt handle from Glades Armory. I put one on the 243 and 30-06, huge difference in running the action.

This is a good topic. I've been contemplating this very question for a 300 BLK bolt action. Same rifle as you mentioned in fact.

I also agree with the 1-4 or 1-6. I have this set up on a few of my rifles.

At 1x you can run both eyes open at close distances. If you need a little more range, dial it up.

There are many good brands that should get you there in your price range.

I have always liked the idea of the "scout" rifle with the forward scope. Maybe I did not practice enough, but it does not work well for me.

Have the Compact in 7mm-08 for the grandkids. I put a Nikon Buckmaster II on it. Small, compact scope and the grandson can ring the 400yd gong with it no problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top