JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my personal experience with Kahr, going with the CW45 is a mistake. Kahr quality control, gun design, and workmanship are not competitive, in my opinion.

I will add my two cents to quackerbacker's endorsement of the Walther PPS in .40 S&W Far better made weapon that is much easier to shoot and maintain. It disassembles just like a Glock in a matter of seconds. Very well built gun that handles and shoots very naturally. You will definitely find it to be an easier to shoot pistol.

PPSDSC_4363n2.jpg

Just look at how much better Hickok45 shoots a Walther PPS compared to a Kahr in this video:

Last Edited:
The only thing Hickok45 had a problem with, which he acknowledged, was switching back and forth between that Walther' s single action trigger and the Kahr' s longer DAO trigger. I've had four Kahrs, currently own two, and have sold or traded away Glocks, XD/XDM, M&Ps, and Walthers along the way, The Kahrs are remarkably well engineered pistols and remain my favorite carry weapons due to their compactness, thinness, recoil management, and reliability. And they have great customer service as well. I'm just not seeing what you're seeing here.

I love my PM9. It's very mild to shoot, even with +P loads. As accurate as my full size pistols as long as I do my part. I'd like to try the CM45 just to see the difference in recoil. I think you'll be happy with the size. I carry mine in my front pocket. Cargo shorts or basketball shorts, it's good to go. I don't have an excuse to not carry a gun anymore.

Yeah, anything bigger than a sub-compact and i find myself leaving it at home too often. I really liked my Nano and Shield. If the CM45 doesn't work out i'll likely go back to Shield 40. I'm really expecting the Kahr to be a dandy. I fondled one yesterday in the gun shop. Unless something changes, i'm picking it up tomorrow morning :)

IMHO
If I traveled through Urban Terrain I would carry two rigs and a pocket knife, all very compact.
Here I could carry a Ruger SBH and a dedicated tactical-wazit if I wished but I stick with a tiny gun no one notices

What i saw was that shooting long range with the kahr he missed a bunch then i think hit his last 3 shots and said "ah ha! that's where i need to hold" or something along those lines.

The three reasons i'm going with a CM45 vs a PPS40 are price: i'm getting the kahr for $360 brand new, compactness: the kahr is a true pocket pistol, and 45acp: i've never owned one and would like to. I know myself well enough to know that i need a pretty compact pistol or it will stay in the safe too often.

Having said that, i fully expect to own a PPS at some point in the future. I'm a gunwhore :) :)

The only thing Hickok45 had a problem with, which he acknowledged, was switching back and forth between that Walther' s single action trigger and the Kahr' s longer DAO trigger. I've had four Kahrs, currently own two, and have sold or traded away Glocks, XD/XDM, M&Ps, and Walthers along the way, The Kahrs are remarkably well engineered pistols and remain my favorite carry weapons due to their compactness, thinness, recoil management, and reliability. And they have great customer service as well. I'm just not seeing what you're seeing here.

The superior accuracy that the Walther PPS displayed was due to more than just the trigger advantage. The pistol is also far more ergonomic and comfortable to shoot than a Kahr. One can grip it far better. Plus it also has a slightly longer sight radius.

The PPS is actually thinner, as Hickok45 pointed out, and is just about as compact. Recoil management is much better, as well as reliability being superior. Just compare the pistols internally, and you will see that there is no comparison. The workmanship and engineering inside a Kahr cannot compare with that of a Walther PPS. And I can slip the slide off my PPS in just a couple of seconds when I need to do maintenance. Try doing that with a Kahr.

_DSC6807b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What i saw was that shooting long range with the kahr he missed a bunch then i think hit his last 3 shots and said "ah ha! that's where i need to hold" or something along those lines.

The three reasons i'm going with a CM45 vs a PPS40 are price: i'm getting the kahr for $360 brand new, compactness: the kahr is a true pocket pistol, and 45acp: i've never owned one and would like to. I know myself well enough to know that i need a pretty compact pistol or it will stay in the safe too often.

Having said that, i fully expect to own a PPS at some point in the future. I'm a gunwhore :) :)

Well, as apparently the only person here that has actualy owned both of these brands, I can tell you that the Kahr is clearly an inferior product.

As far as it not being small enough to pocket, you are wrong about that. One can get 3 different magazine lengths on the Walther PPS. If you buy the shortest one, which will reduce mag capacity down to being equal to that of a compact Kahr, the CM45 will then be TALLER than the PPS. And the Walther will have a most definite edge on being much thinner over the CM45. These are the two dimensions that affect pocket-ability the most. The extra half inch in length that the PPS has will not be an issue. So you are totally deluding yourself that the Kahr CM45 has any advantage at all when it comes to pocket carry.

You have obviously not done your homework well here, much less shot either of these pistols to be able to compare them. You appear to be mainly choosing the Kahr because it is cheaper. And I can assure you, you are indeed getting a cheaper product.

The superior accuracy that the Walther PPS displayed was due to more than just the trigger advantage. The pistol is also far more ergonomic and comfortable to shoot than a Kahr. One can grip it far better. Plus it also has a slightly longer sight radius.

The PPS is actually thinner, as Hickok45 pointed out, and is just about as compact. Recoil management is much better, as well as reliability being superior. Just compare the pistols internally, and you will see that there is no comparison. The workmanship and engineering inside a Kahr cannot compare with that of a Walther PPS. And I can slip the slide off my PPS in just a couple of seconds when I need to do maintenance. Try doing that with a Kahr:

View attachment 113163

Comfort is subjective. I don't care for the PPS at all. I really tried to like my buddies PPS40, I just couldn't. The mag release is another no go for me. It's a good gun, just not for everybody. He sold it and now carries a PM9. If that tells you anything.

In a free society we all get to choose what works for us as individuals. The plow I need to till my land may be totally different than my neighbor's because the soil may be totally different and yet our goals are exactly the same: to raise the best possible crop, that will sustain our families, as well possible. To argue about the tool that is used accomplishes little.
Handgun carry may well be the last, best hope, for Liberty, Freedom of Choice in America.
I propose we celebrate this vestige of Freedom rather than fight for an orthodoxy that simply will not work for each individual.
JMHO

Last Edited:
Nope. Anecdotes like that do not impress me at all. I consider them to be unreliable and heresay.

Thanks for considering me unreliable. But that doesn't change my opinion, or my friends opinon. The PPS has some advantages, but calling it more reliable is opinion. I have two kahr pistols, I've owned two others and my friends have owned another 4. None of them have had issues. That's reliable enough for me, and cheaper.

I'll stop arguing with you now, because it's irrelevant. The OP has already decided on the Kahr. I'm waiting for him to post his opinion after he shoots it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top