JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"I'm not judging you or placing any blame at your feet."

Don't call it judgement by the simple expedient of declaring you just don't understand, thus no judgement.

Alrighty then.

Would you stop law abiding folks being armed if you could?

Let me guess...and yes, I'm definitely judging.

You can always put up signs.
Lol MVIMG_20190525_105003.jpg

I'm not judging you or placing any blame at your feet. I'm just saying that i just do not understand why so many people feel the need to have a gun on them all the time. For "Most" the Risk far outweighs the need. And with so many people carrying there will be mistakes that could lead to more and more gun control. Just saying look around. Does the need justify the Risk. It happens more and more every day.

It continues to to be a changing world. Some will feel in their own mind that there isn't a reason to risk carrying or even having a firearm. If you have ever been a victim or seen a victim, you may want to consider having a means of self protection. If you realize that only you are responsible for your own safety, you will take those measures. With it, the awareness that if you do decide if the need to self protection is perhaps better than being a victim that would not survive, then it's up to you to find a secure but accessible location to keep it if you have young untrained young people. There are risks and penalties for the miss use of almost all things!

Screenshot_20190525-173732_Chrome.jpg
Who dresses him? Ghostbusters? He definitely looks a bit odd. The green and red gloves are a bit weird.
Nothing wrong with open carrying around the house.
I'm laughing so hard at the Ghostbusters comment

Forgot to add.

My brother swears the clip on most of these is outstanding. I gotta say he proved it holds firm enough to safely draw and reliably keep trigger guard covered with sweatpants and athletic shorts. Throw it on wherever or just toss it in pocket when around the yard.

That's the only time this kind of holster should be used with confidence.

Last Edited:
I've had this little 5 shot 38sp. revolver for years, and it shows the use it's had. It is still a great little option for summer, especially with this clip I've had on it for quite some time. Not for everybody I understand, but with the clip I can slip this into a pair of even belt-less shorts 'with a t-shirt over, and it's almost like it's not there, yet very fast to deploy.

52C08E0F-B1C7-4238-90F1-3750B23F6ABB.jpeg CDA0A1E8-EE4B-4836-B06D-E46DC8A1E537.jpeg

I've had this little 5 shot 38sp. revolver for years, and it shows the use it's had. It is still a great little option for summer, especially with this clip I've had on it for quite some time. Not for everybody I understand, but with the clip I can slip this into a pair of even belt-less shorts 'with a t-shirt over, and it's almost like it's not there, yet very fast to deploy.

View attachment 583299 View attachment 583300
I've got a similar clip for my 1911. They work great.

View attachment 583255
I'm laughing so hard at the Ghostbusters comment

Forgot to add.

My brother swears the clip on most of these is outstanding. I gotta say he proved it holds firm enough to safely draw and reliably keep trigger guard covered with sweatpants and athletic shorts. Throw it on wherever or just toss it in pocket when around the yard.

That's the only time this kind of holster should be used with confidence.
Until this last year when I decided to rid myself of over 50# of extra weight, inside carry wasn't an option. Considerations and asking questions over the years left pros and cons with their use. One to point out is cow hide and moisture isn't a good combo, but horsehide will work fine. The other man made materials are also not effected. Right now I'm using the belly band type that is good for me. Concealable and high ride with off side mags room available easily. Any that you can wear above the hip area, even chest or shoulder type, leaves your lower back and hips loving it if you are physically active. It's been many a moon since a pocket pistol was a carry option and a Chief M 36, 3", was kind of a borderline comfort carry depending on activity and length of wear time. As a young man the Chief was a back up...LOL.

Surprised no one mentioned deep conceal holsters. "Smart Carry" or "Thunderwear" are great options. I haven't used thunderwear, but I can personally vote for smart carry being the best holster I've used. It's basically an in the pants manny pack. No need for a gun belt, no weight dragging your shorts down, you can position it anywhere on your hips, and unless you're literally getting dirt inside of your pants, it'll stay clean if you tuck it low. There are good draw techniques you can learn and full size firearms still sit invisible in shorts and a t shirt. Hope that helps any for summer wear, and good luck with the situation you've got on your hands there.

Here are a few examples of what I'm referring to.
View attachment 581198

I was able to pull the trigger on a g43 through the side of a smart carry holster. Granted, I wouldn't expect anyone digging into my crotch that way, but you never know. Never wore it again after that. It is very concealable and a smooth comfortable draw with a little practice. But it's a no go for me.

Don't get me wrong. I have owned guns since i was 15 years old. You will not find anybody that would call me anything but pro gun. I am 72 years old now and i have tried but i just cannot understand why so many people feel the need to carry a gun all the time. In my 72 years i have never felt the need and have never needed to carry a gun on me. The risk " and its probably the biggest risk you will ever take" is just not worth it to me. I know that there are some people that do have a real need. But, so many? I just can't see it. I read about a 5 year old that found a loaded gun in dads car a few weeks ago near me. He shot his self in the face. Was his dads need so great it was worth the risk? Can you imagine how dad feels right now. I have kept a loaded gun next to my bed for at least 30 years. Last week i locked it in a box and put the key away where it stays all the time. I have a four year old Great Granddaughter that comes over a lot. The need is nowhere near the Risk. I cant imagine how i wold feel if she ever got hold of that gun. I never needed that gun. So why would i ever even think about taking the risk. All I'm saying is Everybody makes mistakes. I make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. Think about it. Is the need Really worth the risk? I'm thinking about 90 percent of people who carry or keep loaded gun around all the time take a much bigger Risk than needed. And I'm also thinking so many people carrying will sooner or later lead to much more gun control. The more that cary the more mistakes will be made. The anti gun crowd will use those mistake against everybody.

I too am 73 and grew up in Seattle's north end when it was a nice rural setting, moved out in 1970. Country living has taught me to be aware of 4 legged animals as well as two. On the ranch (east side) we had any kind of critter you could have encountered. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I have been stalked by Bears, Cougars, met a Wolf and encountered various snakes, have encountered tweekers and was accosted by individuals three times in my relatively few return visits to Seattle. I now live on the Oly Peninsula and have Coyotes and Cougars in my area and a few homeless camps. I carry 24/7 and have since 1970! My choice of carry depends on weather and activity, leather for comfort, kydex for wet and humid ocasions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top