JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While I seriously doubt I would have any interest in owning one of these, it's getting some interesting buzz on Facebook (the wife found it on there by accident), in large part by the rabid anti's that are freaking out over a gun that people can conceal :rolleyes: Boy, these folks get worked up big time over such little things. If they only knew how many folks around them conceal carry every day, they sure would be surprised.

But back to the pistol. It's not yet available, supposedly available later this year for $395. It's a two shot .380acp pistol that, when folded, looks like a cell phone - very similar to an iPhone. It's even equipped with a laser. Pretty much a more modern take on a Derringer.

I couldn't find any statement about this on their website (not a huge amount of info there), but some folks suggested this may be required to be classified as an "AOW" weapon. But as I read the definition, if it's got rifled barrels, it should qualify as a handgun, and therefore not require the AOW designation. Any thoughts??

Part of me is tempted to think this is a hoax - people have gone farther to commit a hoax. I can't find much info on these things so it's hard to prove one way or the other.

So, for me, it's nothing more than a curiosity, and the fact that it irritates the gun-grabbing anti's is always a huge bonus, so I guess I'll wish them luck in their endeavor.

gun1.png

gun2.png

gun3.png

call2.jpg

If you're curious: http://idealconceal.com/

If this is real and not a pipe dream or fake shot show promise I would actually enjoy owning one for very discreet conceal carry the fact that it has a little belt clip to ride along side on my belt like a phone would makes it very appealing. But since it's literally just a Derringer I probably only shell out 400 to 450 otherwise I could just get a bond arms steel brick haha

If this is real and not a pipe dream or fake shot show promise I would actually enjoy owning one for very discreet conceal carry the fact that it has a little belt clip to ride along side on my belt like a phone would makes it very appealing. But since it's literally just a Derringer I probably only shell out 400 to 450 otherwise I could just get a bond arms steel brick haha

You're in luck - only $395! And they're taking pre-orders now ;)

Wouldn't be classified as an NFA Title II "Any Other Weapon" since it must be reconfigured to fire?

I was reading the AOW definition earlier and couldn't find a clear cut definition. I'm tempted to think it's an AOW, but the manufacturer doesn't address that issue on their site. I would expect, to be safe, they would run it by the ATF to get a specific letter of exemption, otherwise they are opening themselves and potential buyers to possible ATF violations. I don't know that many folks would be willing to spend $395 + $200 tax stamp to own this.

Well, I got a fairly quick response from who I presume is the owner of the company. Here is what he wrote:

The Patent Pending Ideal Conceal pistol is a true first in the conceal and carry market. It is a .380 caliber, double barreled derringer. It is not classified as an AOW. We are working on the legalities for the different states.

Planning to have a firing prototype this spring and we will build the gun this summer.

Sale price is expected to $395. Distribution will be national. We are still working on our dealer network.

Since you have emailed me I will send an update via email. You can also keep tabs on us from our Facebook page you will get updates.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

Some other tidbits I read in comments made by the company on their FB page:

* working prototype expected in May 2016
* production hopefully begins July 2016, sales shortly after
* was originally conceived as a 3-barrel .22WMR, then changed to .32, then ultimately, .380 acp, which is what the production model will be
* they classify this as a pistol with a folding grip, which they say keeps it out of AOW territory - I think I'd like to see the ATF agree before dropping any $ on one

Contrary to what I read yesterday, there is no pre-ordering at this time.

Definitely a curiosity and something I'll continue to keep an eye on.

Yea sure but we all know there is much less chance of having to pull the trigger when you pull an 8" barrel S&W 629 out of your back pocket. If the bad dude doesn't have a heart attack trying to run away you can always ignore the in coherent praying while they beg you not to blow their head off!

Looks like word is out on this. An article out by Bloomberg media, big freakin' surprise, identifies this new concept as a "bad idea".

With that said, if Bloomberg and the anti's don't like it - I think that makes me want one even more!!!

The comments on the article are pretty interesting - and show a pretty general lack of knowledge about guns and concealed carry - again, big surprise.

<broken link removed>

Looks like word is out on this. An article out by Bloomberg media, big freakin' surprise, identifies this new concept as a "bad idea".

Of course it is a bad idea. All the kids will get them and be blowing their heads off every time a phone rings. I can see it now, oh the horror....;)

Seriously though, I'm in.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top